Norman X Reader | Shadow Puppetry

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

Norman x Female Reader
Ordinary AU
Angst

Warning: None; Just angry + sad Norman

A/N: I'm still busy and I'm supposed to be studying; however, I'm so drained that I needed an escape from reality. Here I am pretending to be in the TPN realm once more. A dark place yet I find it comforting haha...

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Shadow Puppetry has never failed to fascinate and bring wonder to the world of a young lass, (Y/n)

Shadow Puppetry has never failed to fascinate and bring wonder to the world of a young lass, (Y/n). She was only 6 when she was completely awestruck at Mama Isabella's performance of her favorite story, (insert favorite childhood story). Ever since then, she has grown to have a habit of performing her own shadow puppetry. Every night, she would perform a story she read during the day. She'd invite most of her siblings but only Norman could stay up till the blue hour of dawn, watching attentively to her show.

Although everyone enjoyed her show, Norman was captivated by her performance on a different level. This caused a certain spark and bond that exists only between them. Even as they grew older, Norman would watch her perform daily. The stories were much shorter over time but (y/n) liked the habit of speaking to Norman through her puppets. And undeniably, Norman loved it too.

Soon, (y/n) noticed that Norman particularly grew fond of one of her puppets, the one named Sarah. Because of that, she'd often have Sarah as the main character. She never really gave so much thought about it, but the only reason Norman was so interested in Sarah was because she was so similar to (y/n). From the way they both speak, react, and their thoughts, well, (y/n) does portray Sarah, but unlike the other characters, he can really picture the both of them as one.

<~▼┗☆゚.*・。゚◍✧*。*♡┛▼~>

One late evening, as (Y/n) conversed with Norman, she realized how much she liked him. She had just finished performing a chapter of her new series in which Sarah was the protagonist, it was their usual routine, but upon seeing Norman's eyes glimmer in glee as he spoke to her, she couldn't help her emotions. I mean, how could she not? Norman as himself is already an attractive charming boy with a lovable character, what more if he seems to treat her extra special every night?

Out of excitement, she brusquely asked the snowy haired male, "Norman, do you like me?" She smiled genuinely and the boy blushed 50 shades of crimson. "Huh?" He asked and she repeated her question. Although an awkward silence filled the room, (y/n) was too busy being hopeful to the boy's reply. Norman almost stopped working, his crush just asked him if he liked her. Although he was caught off guard, he was finally able to comprehend her sudden inquiry, "Ahh, of course I like you!" He cheered, causing the girl to smile even giddier. "I like you very much Sarah." He continued as he figured that (Y/n) was still in her puppet's character.