ISSUE 4: The Phantom of The Studio!

Comenzar desde el principio

"Help me! Help Meeee!" Daniel screamed as loud as he could while banging on the window but it was too late as the room turned silent.

On the other side of the bedroom door, the cat was pawing at it hoping that his owner would come right out.

ATOMIC RESEARCH CENTER

Early in the morning, Adrian Toomes, who had on a white lab coat, and Ben Parker, who had on his regular security uniform, were walking down the hallway conversing with one another.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me land this job," Adrian said.

"It's Otto that you should be thankin' not me," Ben shook his head as the two walked into a laboratory where Doctor Octavius was at work with two other scientists with him. One scientist was a brunette-haired young woman in her mid-twenties, and the other one with poor posture was an portly and short older man who looked like he has not gotten enough sunlight in years.

"So you're this Mr. Toomes that I have heard so much about? I would like for you to meet the rest of my team that you will be working with," Otto said as he politely shakes Adrian's hand and takes him to where the two other scientists are.

"This young lady here is my lab assistant, Carolyn Trainer. She a recent ESU graduate, and she scored top notch on all her exams," Otto proudly boasted to which Carolyn blushed.

"It's an honor having to work the man who made something like flight tech possible," Carolyn Trainer said while eagerly shaking her hand with Adrian's. "How do you managed to create something ingenious like that? Did you account for gravity? Did-"

"Carolyn," Otto playfully admonished.

"Right. Shutting up now," Carolyn blushed out of embarrassment.

"There's no need to feel embarrassed. It's quite refreshing for someone of your age to still be interested in the advancement of technology," Adrian reassured.

"And the man to my left is our geologist, Dr. Harvey Elder," Otto introduced the good doctor as he nervously stepped up to also shake the man's hand.

"P-Please to meet you," Dr. Elder stuttered.

"It's certainly a pleasure meeting all of you- Good lord! What exactly is that thing?!" Adrian was pointing at small humanoid creature with yellowish skin wearing specialized lenses and jumpsuits was hauling around equipment and the creature paid them no attention as he was doing his tasks.

A matter of fact, there were dozens of his brethren at work doing chores around the huge laboratory, and in all of Adrian's years, he has never seen anything like this before.

"Oh! These are what I call the Moloids and I encountered their species during my travels to Subterranea," Dr. Elder explained to the stupefied man. "Poor things can't see very well on the surface so I created their glasses so that they could see better."

"So...they're technically some sort of mole people?" Adrian asked.

"That's one way of putting it, yes," Dr. Elder answered.

"I mean I use to work with a family of criminals who willfully put on bird suits that I designed to commit crimes so who am I to judge the company you keep," Adrian shrugged.

"You little gremlins better save some left!" Ben yelled at a group of Moloids who were on coffee break by either recklessly drinking from mugs and from the whole pot causing some of the beverage to spill onto the floor.

"Well they do love their caffeine," Harvey joked which led everyone in the room to share a good laugh.

"They've been a delightful help around the lab and I'm looking forward to all the great things that we will accomplish together," Otto said to Adrian.