A drink of water

Time: 10:00pm.
Place: outside the kitchen door w/ Zoro
Weather: same thing, about 65°
____________________________

As the sun set, and everyone went to bed, Zoro stood. Leaned against the wall staring at the sky. He watched the moon as the dark clouds covered it. The stars were bright, lighting up the sky as well as the moon. The waves were softly hitting against the ship.
Zoro used all this as a distraction from what had happened. But he still couldn't stop his mind from going back to that subject.

He said he loves me. And I treat him like that?
...
He said that he loves me. I'm such a dick.
He thought, looking at the ground.

{With Sanji}

Sanji laid in bed, trailing off in his mind. A light sleep, could be woken by anything. Like that feeling when you're sleeping but you know you're awake. Half asleep.
As his mind trailed off, he thought about the random things that happened during the day. Starting off with the morning, when he made breakfast. Then in the afternoon, when he passed around snacks to everyone. Then lunch, dinner, and then afterwards.
He started thinking about the fight with Nami, then his mind trailed off into a different direction. Backwards, many years.

His mom, after she drank the poison. Her smile before she died, the way she treated him with kindness unlike anyone else. Then her grave. He was reminded of the feeling of grief, the fact that he would never see her again. Nobody was able to protect him now. The only person he could talk to was Reiju. Then the part where his father faked his death, and locked him up with the metal thing on his head. He was reminded of how much he hated confined spaces. The way his 'brothers' came in and beat him unconscious. They had no sympathy.

Sanji woke up. He sat up quickly, he started hyperventilating. Shaking, and his heart was beating rapidly. He got out of bed, trying not to make any noise so he wouldn't wake anyone. He stumbled out the door and outside.
His mouth started to feel dry, with the amount he was breathing. He made his way to the kitchen, he felt that his legs were going to give out because of how much he was shaking. He made it to the sink.
It started to get blurry, his eyes started filling up with tears.

Zoro heard something, so he looked through the window of the kitchen, and saw Sanji.

What's he doing up? Zoro thought.

Sanji reached for the cabinet, as he continued breathing rapidly, uncontrollably.

What the hell?! Why is he shaking so badly??

Sanji's legs gave out before he could open the cabinet. He dropped to his knees and leaned his forehead against the cupboard under the sink. And started breaking down. He couldn't get all of those terrible memories out of his head.

Holy shit..
Zoro opened the door, and stepped in.

"Sanji..?" Zoro said. He didn't even want to try using the nicknames.
Sanji looked at him, and Zoro saw how much he'd been crying.

"Zoro.." He said, with cracks in his voice. It sounded like he was in relief, but he sounded so, broken. Like when you try to talk when your crying, it sounds 'broken'.
He ran over to him, dropping to his knees.

"What's going on?! You're shaking and hyperventilating!!" He said, hesitating to touch him.
Sanji didn't answer, he couldn't. The rapid breathing stopped his voice from working. So he just kept looking at him, unsure what to do.
Zoro wrapped his arms around him, pulling him close.
Sanji continued sobbing as Zoro held him.
He put his hand on Sanji's head, hoping that would calm him down. It did, at least a little bit.
Zoro waited until Sanji was ready to talk. Until then he held him and made sure he felt safe.
Sanji slowly, wrapped his arms around Zoro. He struggled to moved because of how much he was shaking. But he managed.
Zoro started to tear up. He's never seen Sanji like this, sure he's seen him cry a couple times but this was too much. This wasn't just sadness, this was panic.