His eyes assessed me, my body, and the car around me from where he stood with the open passenger door. Then, Peter quickly dipped into the car and knelt onto the seat; he leaned closer, looking down towards my leg. The guy appeared calm, but it was the first time I witnessed genuine concern on his face. It was such a huge difference from what I've seen before from him. Didn't know that was possible.

He strained forward more from where he was leaning, reaching above me and past me to prop his hand against my crumpled door. It allowed him to hover closer and get a better view of this side of the car – and a better view of why I was unable to move on my own.

He was so close to me and I could barely see anything, but it allowed me to focus on his soft and faint cologne. From the material of his sleek and form-fitting shirt was... a mix of sage with a hint of mint. Not sure why, but I found his cologne quite fitting for him. Of course, it's not like that is relevant. No need to take notes, friends. It was just a nice smell and a nice distraction I suppose.

Eyeing below my waist, he kept himself propped up with his arm so he could reach down with his other between my left leg and the bent steel. Good luck, buddy. It felt like trying to move a mountain. Fingers gingerly following my work pants, he found where my leg was crushed and trapped. That alone made me tense and hiss a few inches from where his upper chest hovered.

Pursing his lips, his eyes met mine. "When I move this, try to not make a lot of noise."

Why did I have to be quiet? Plus, that would be impossible anyway for how painful this already was – and just as impossible as freeing me too. Yet, somehow... miraculously he did. With his one arm and hand, he pressed and moved the deformed metal that trapped my leg!

Oh! It was both excruciating and relieving! My leg was free and my lungs involuntarily sucked in hard. That second, his hand cupped my mouth as I cried out, groaned, and panted from the pain. The pressure gone allowed my leg to throb and sting even worse! It was crushed and clearly broken!

Hand still clasped over my mouth, Peter wrapped his free and strong arm around my back, pulling me over to the passenger seat. He was careful with my leg, but I couldn't help but let out a few muffled grunts against his hand. Again... why? He actually appeared worried for me, but why did I need to be quite? I guess you can take the ass out of the asshole, but not the weirdness and mystery!

Once he maneuvered me of the car, his hand fell away from my mouth. Carefully lifting me in his arms, he carried me a few yards away to a large tree. Kneeling down, he positioned my back against it while being mindful of my leg. He leaned in, checking my side, my stinging arm. He looked over the blood running from either my forehead or nose, but then his brown eyes caught mine. They stayed in mine. For a long moment. Strangely, it felt like I was seeing him for the first time.

"You really are the world's worst driver, aren't you?" he asked in a whisper, lips spreading into an amused smile.

"You're the world's worst stalker," I mumbled, tasting the blood on my words. "Call an ambulance. Please."

He slid closer to me on his knees. "You won't need one."

I wanted to question him, demand I go to the hospital. My head was pounding, I was bleeding, my leg was crushed and the pain was overwhelming. But his gaze snagged my full attention – in a very beautiful and unnatural way. Not really sure why, but it made me start to feel calm and content, as if I didn't need to worry.

"So. I bet this a coincidence too then, huh?" I challenged, knowing damn well it wasn't. Three times was pushing it. But running into each other a fourth time? With zero reason for him to be out here and find me right after I crash? Yeah right.