9 - ❝THE YULE BALL❞

Beginne am Anfang

should you say yes to just one of them and break the rest of their hearts?

or should you ask someone yourself?

preferably, someone from another school.

you would rather ask someone random then break the hearts of all the hashiras.

and you knew how to play innocent.

the hashira didn't know you knew of their feelings.

so you could play the whole, 'oh, i said yes because i didn't think anyone would ask me' card. that would most likely work.

but an idea struck in your mind.

harry.

you didn't like him romantically, and you knew he didn't like you romantically.

so who else could be better to ask?

plus, you could see he was struggling to find a date.

you had heard the girl he wanted to go with rejected him, and he was completely struggling to find someone.

so that's what you did the very next day.

you pulled harry away the next day after breakfast.

he looked confused, but you smile at him.

"harry, would you like to go to the dance with me?"

"huh? i'm sorry i don't-"

you laugh, "i know, i know. you don't like me in that way. no offence, but trsut me, i don't either. you're like 2 years younger than me. but i need someone to go with because otherwise all the hashira are going to ask me and i know that sounds selfish and stupid because i should be grateful people want to go with me but i'm not sure if i like them that way and i don't want to hurt them and-" you ramble.

harry laughs, cutting you off, "yeah, i'll go with you. i really needed a partner, anyway. i didn't want to be the only champion without a partner"

you breathe out in relief, "thank you. sorry for rambling"

he smiles, "don't worry about it"

THE YULE BALL WAS APPROACHING QUICKER THAN YOU'D EVER THOUGHT

and today you were scheduled to go with shinobu and mitsuri to hogsmeade to go dress shopping.

the two were upset to hear you already had a partner, but you told them how you only asked each other because you didn't want to go without a partner. they understood, i mean they had zero clue you were only doing it to get out of going with one of them.

the three of you all board the train with excited grins, squealing ever so often as you all discuss about the ball.

the boys had, non-surprisingly found out about you getting a partner. a couple were furious, a couple were sad.