Prologue

Thank you for opening TLAM!
It means so much to me. ❤️

~
~

Copyright ©️

This story is highly copyrighted. No part of it may be copied in written or audio form or any form direct or implied without the clear consent of the author.

Again, Thank you so much for choosing to read this story.☺️ Also follow me if you aren't already. My followers are special to me. ❤️

~
~

It was the first week of August. The Kingsley household was bustling with maids moving on and about their duties.

The cooks, pastry chefs, cleaners, were all busy in the well-conditioned and massive kitchen and living room space. Some of them were still in the employee quarters. The ones who were inside the mansion were the ones scheduled to work for the first half of the week.

And Angel was among them.

She was busy replacing the flowers in one of the drawing rooms. A moment later, she stood aside, admiring her finished work, her heart swelling with satisfaction.

She'd been working for the Kingsley's for four years now, and even though Mrs. Kingsley was kind to her, she couldn't wait to graduate college and not have to work as a maid anymore.The pay was good, and she only worked Monday to Thursday.

Nevertheless, she still wanted to do something different. She sighed at the thought of considering how long it would take before she graduates. Five years? Maybe six? Going to school part-time was never really a choice she wanted to make.

Despite all this, she was grateful.

She took in the rest of the drawing room. The Red and White colored curtains outlining most of the doors and windows were sparkling clean, just the way Mr. and Mrs. Kingsley like it for their visitors.

Almost every other week, the Kingsley's had some form of celebration or another; so there was always something to do around the house. It kept her mind focused on work and school and nothing else.

Not even the shadows of her past. Another reason to be grateful.

The Kingsley's had two sons. The older one, Hano, runs the company with his father, and the younger one lives and works abroad, from what she'd been told. Nevertheless, the mansion was always bustling with people and celebration.

She walked towards the grand piano with a double keyboard at the corner of the room, and ran her fingers across the keys. She lifted it for inspection with her eyes, and her mouth curved into a smile. Good. It wasn't dusty. She'd indeed done a great job. Mrs Kingsley loved her baby staying clean. The piano was her baby.

Angel continued smiling as she bent over and inspected the chair in front of the piano; but was startled when two large hands circled around her waist.

She quickly stood up and turned around.

"You seem to be enjoying your job way too much, Angel."

Angel stared at her boss, anger riling up inside of her, her pulse raising in an attempt to calm her raging nerves. She took a few steps back.

"I've told you to let me be, Mr. Kingsley -"

"Oh, I've told you to keep calling me Hano. Mr. Kingsley makes me feel old." Hano cut her off, taking a step closer to her.