xix.

Jennie had so many scenarios running through her head as she raced towards the riverside. Jisoo said that she'll probably make a ruckus, Chaeyoung said that she'll probably be dramatic as hell while Irene says they'll probably be stiff and awkward because of all the unresolved sexual tension.

She wanted to be there earlier but she had some errands to do. Once she was done, she ran out of there.

Lisa was already there by the time she arrived. Irene was hugging her. The moment she showed up, Lisa immediately saw her.

The scenarios continue to play in Jennie's head. Does she run into her arms? Does she play it cool? Does she wait for Lisa to react?

When neither of them react, Irene shoves Lisa towards her direction. Lisa nearly stumbles in front of her.

When their eyes met, Jennie just wanted to kiss the living daylights out of her. She knows how gorgeous Lisa is but seeing her in person again after so long still left her in awe. She probably ended up looking like a pervert when she checked Lisa out in front of everyone before finally looking into her eyes again.

Lisa is blushing.

Jennie smiles. I missed you, she wanted to say. "Welcome back." she says instead.

"Y-yeah, it's good to be back." Lisa says.

Irene was right about it being awkward. Both of them don't know what to do. It was painful to watch.

"This is so underwhelming compared to the passionate reunion I wanted." Jisoo groaned as she stood near the two to push them against each other.

Their chests collide, their foreheads bump and Jennie ends up with one hand on Lisa's waist and the other on her ass.

"Kim Jisoo!" Chaeyoung grits. The daughter of Hephaestus simply grins.

"Sorry about that," Jennie whispers as she steps back.

Lisa rubbed a hand on her forehead. "It's okay." she chuckles.

"We'll relay the news that you're back to our father. Be sure to meet up with Madame Aphro later." Jiyong reminds.

"I'd love to stay but this reunion is incredibly boring." Top drawls. "I have noticed one thing since you stepped here though." he eyes Lisa.

Lisa returns his gaze. Top suddenly takes his hand, on the back of Lisa's palm was a mark. It was the seal of Hades.

"I was joking about you seducing Hades or his daughter but it seems like it's the truth." he states.

Lisa pulls her hands back. She notices that the rest were all looking at the mark worriedly, even Jennie.

"I'll explain but not to you two. It's none of your business." Lisa spat.

"Very well, have fun explaining it to your mother." Jiyong smirks before leaving with Top.

Once they were gone, Chaeyoung scoots closer to have a closer look at the mark. "It's real," she gasps. "You sold your soul to Hades?!"

Lisa shakes her head. "It's not like that. This is something I requested. I wanted to go back there so I kind of 'pulled a Persephone' ." Lisa explains.

"How many seeds?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Just one, that's all uncle Hades allowed." Lisa answers.

"Uncle Hades? Wait--you loved it there didn't you?" Irene asks in disbelief.

"They're a nice family. Truth be told, I was supposed to be back earlier but I requested for an extension. I promise to tell you everything, just don't misjudge uncle Hades and his kingdom." Lisa says.