Chapter-4 The Ghost General

Picture credits: Rightful owners

Dialogue inspirations and plot credit: Chinese BL novel Mo Dao Zu Shi and Chinese Drama "The Untamed"

************************

The pair of white boots passed around Wei WuXian and calmly walked three steps forward. Wei WuXian raised his head and got up. As he walked past the former, slightly brushing their shoulders, he made eye contact with him for a short moment, pretending that it was unintentional.

Lan Zhan still smelled like sandalwood incense.

 The man wore a forehead ribbon with cloud patterns. His skin was fair, features both refined and elegant, as if he was a piece of polished jade. The color of his eyes was especially light, like they were made of colored glass, causing his gaze to be overly distant. His expression held the traces of frost and snow, stern to the degree of being stiff, unwavering even as he saw Wei WuXian's ridiculous face.

 His expression held the traces of frost and snow, stern to the degree of being stiff, unwavering even as he saw Wei WuXian's ridiculous face

There wasn't a single spec of dust or wrinkled spot on him, from his head to his feet. It was impossible to find any fault with his appearance. Even so, two capitalized words jumped into Wei WuXian's mind.

Mourning clothes!

This fuddy duddy of his is indeed the same..

Although all of the clans in the cultivation world used extravagant words to describe the GusuLan Sect's uniform as the best-looking uniform and Lan WangJi as an incomparable beauty who only appeared once in a blue moon, nothing could help the bitter facial expression that made him look as though his husband had passed away. 

Wuxian cannot look at anyone else when this person was anywhere near him. He hid behind a tree, still gawking at the most beautiful creation of god.

Still beautiful..

Everything was a blur around Lan Zhan, though the mentioned man was doing nothing but staring straight ahead, standing motionlessly in front of Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng was already exceptionally handsome, but as they stood face to face with each other, he still seemed a few degrees inferior.

He raised one brow and spoke, "HanGuang-Jun, you sure live up to your reputation of 'being wherever the chaos is'. So, you had time to come to this remote area today?"

Powerful cultivators from prominent clans usually didn't care to pay attention to lower level preys. However, Lan WangJi was an exception. He never cared for the prey of a night-hunt, and wouldn't refuse to go just because the creature was not threatening enough to increase his fame. If anyone wanted help, he would be there. He had been like this ever since he was young.

Just like Wei Ying remembered..

The thing that made him so whipped for this stoic man...