Chapter-2: Is It Really You?

Picture credits: Rightful owners

Dialogue inspirations and plot credit: Chinese BL novel Mo Dao Zu Shi and Chinese Drama "The Untamed"

*************************

Something inside him churned at the memory. He really doesn't care of what thing have changed and what haven't. But did his Lan Zhan changed? Did that stoic fuddy buddy of his still the same? 

His mind was a total mess. But one thing was clear. He must complete his task as soon as possible so that he can live a peaceful life that he craved for in all his lives. 

With that in mind, he headed toward the commotion in the east hall. Quite a lot of people crowded in and around the East Hall. Just as Wei WuXian stepped into the courtyard, a woman spoke in a voice a few pitches louder than the others', "A member from the younger generations of our family used to be a cultivator as well..."

It must have been Madame Mo trying to make connections with the cultivation family again. Wei WuXian didn't wait for her to finish speaking, and quickly hustled through the crowd, into the hall, and grinned, "I'm coming, I'm coming. Right here!" 

A middle-aged lady sat in the hall, with well-maintained health and wearing extravagant clothing

A middle-aged lady sat in the hall, with well-maintained health and wearing extravagant clothing. She was Madame Mo. Her husband sat below her, and the opposite side sat a few white-robed boys. Because of how an unkempt freak just appeared from within the crowd, all of the chatter came to a halt. Despite this, Wei WuXian spoke shamelessly, as if he did not notice the motionless atmosphere at all, "Who was calling me earlier? I am the only one who use to be a cultivator!"

Because of the crooked mask and his way of talking, he looked extremely funny. A younger cultivator was on the brink of laughing, letting out a pfft sound. His face grew serious again as another one, seemingly the leader of the group, gave him a disapproving look. 

Madame Mo hadn't seen this nephew of hers in a while and only got over her dismay after a long time, after she realized who the crook-masked person was. She was furious, but she didn't want to lose her temper and discompose herself, so she lowered her voice at her husband, "Who let him out? Get him back in there!"

Ignoring the rants and abuses of Mo family, WuXian continued his drama. He pointed towards Mo Ziyuan, the duck faced teenager who earlier came to Mo Xuanyu's room. 

"Before cursing me, ask your Kid to return my things that he stole from my room.!!" WuXian yelled at the top of his voice. Everyone started to murmur about the lunatic.

Madame Mo glowered at him, signaling for him to not worsen the situation. However, Wei WuXian spoke again, "Not only should he not have stolen my belongings, he shouldn't have stolen them in the middle of the night. Everyone knows that I am into men. Even if he wasn't ashamed, I know to not look suspicious."