𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱:𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 '𝐞𝐦

"Well congratulations James, now dad thinks you're a sociopath

"Well congratulations James, now dad thinks you're a sociopath." Five stated in disbelief, rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

"Good."

"Good? You idiot, we may have had a chance there."

"Chance to what? Let's face it, this was gonna end up as a fucking disaster even if I didn't say anything." James spat. Five couldn't help but agree with James on that part. No one was doing what they were supposed to, and they all suffered the consequences because of it. Diego stood beside James, as silent as ever. The Evans man wanted to reach out and hold his hand, let him know that he was there. But he didn't. All he could do was just occasionally glance at Diego who just stared at the ground. Gracie was just annoyed. Annoyed that every time she was dragged into somebody's bullshit something happened.

Once the group got home, everyone was still silent. James took his shower, and Diego just laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

Come on James.

Say something.

You gotta say something to him.

"Hey darling." James finally spoke, slowly walking over to the bed. Diego softly smiled at him, letting him know he was listening. Good. This was a start. He was now on the bed, his hand sliding over Diegos.

"Tonight was a disaster. Both of us can say that. But uh, mainly because of me in a way. I kinda lost it. Not that I have any regrets because as stubborn as Five is, we all know he wanted to say what I said," Diego laughed quietly at this, the life slowly coming back onto his face. "But everything I said back there was true. No one deserves to treat you like that, or anyone for that matter. If you need to cry it out, my shoulders have been here for seventeen years."

It was silent for a moment, before Diego inhaled. "You won't leave?"

"Why would I?"

Diego pulled James in for a bone crushing hug, starting to cry softly in his shoulder. His sobs weren't loud, but they weren't quiet either. James just kissed all over Diegos face and rubbed his back, letting him know that he was there and wasn't leaving anytime soon.

"You're ok darling, it's ok. I got you." James soothed, running a hand through Diegos hair and pressing a kiss to his cheek. Diego held on to James tighter, afraid that he would slip away at any given moment. Fifteen minutes later and Diegos sobs had stopped and instead was replaced with soft snores. James removed his tear stained shirt and Diego got more comfortable on his chest, the feeling of James' warm bare chest soothing him even more. James felt horrible that Diego was stuck with such an asshole for a dad. They should've ran away together. Heh. The thought of them living in the middle of nowhere brought a smile to his face. But life wasn't fair, and both of them had to learn that the hard way. James stared up at the ceiling, not even being able to sleep. But looking down at Diegos sleeping figure once more, he knew that was enough to make him fall asleep. And so he drifted off, holding the love of his life as close as possible.