Begin Again

Narda listened to the song playing on her speakers.

She's inside her car now, the one that's park just outside a certain Law firm.

She can just get out from her car and enter the said place, find that certain person she's here for.

But her feet can't seem to move, she feels stuck. She's been here for almost an hour now.

what am I even doing here?

She asks herself for the nth time. She always does this, wait for her. She's been doing this for a week now.

But it still ends with her not going out from her freaking car, as if she's meant to be just there. She always ends up leaving without actually talking to her.

what if everything just ends?

She thinks before finally speaking, "what if the thing I'm so afraid to happen actually happens?" she said, talking to no one.

When the song ended, it's as if like the one in the movies, the person she's waiting for came out from the building.

She automatically hid herself, as if she'll be seen when she's parked a bit far from where she is.

"bakit maaga alis niya? san siya pupunta?" she asked herself, cursing herself for not knowing anything.

She's still hiding when she saw her car pass by where she is.

"wala na ba talaga?" she asks herself.

She sits herself properly and took a deep breath, she closed her eyes and tears immediately fell.

"stupid jealous self."

She recalls how this all started, she saw her talking to Brian, the person she used to be in love with before she came into her life.

She saw them exchanged smiles and saw him handing her a what looked like a small gift.

She decided not to say anything about it that very night. She's not one to talk about what she thinks and what she fears after all.

But then, that same night as well, she saw her wearing a ring. One she did not give.

She puts two and two together and now, she's not spoken to her in a week. She did not even go home to their shared unit.

The girl kept on calling, messaging her the first two nights. But then, it eventually stopped.

"tapos na nga talaga." she said, now sobs coming out from her.

She was taking all her time processing her thoughts and pain when she suddenly heard a knock on her car window.

It startled her so she looked up, her eyes are obviously filled with tears but it does not stop her from recognizing who the person standing outside is.

"Regina." she says and the girl knocks once again.

She wiped her tears, tried to look as presentable as she can before finally opening the window for her.

"Narda." the girl calls her, eyes looking into her, as if reading her entire soul.

"open?" the girl asks her and she nodded, doing what she's told.

As soon as she opened the car door, Regina hugged her, it looked a bit awkward but it still is a hug.

"why are you crying love?" she heard the girl ask.

Love.

"Love?" Regina calls for her once again, moving away from the hug but still keeping her close.

"you still love me?" she asked, tears streaming once again and Regina nodded, eyes staring lovingly at her.

"I do, I always do."

"how about Brian?" she asks and Regina shook her head it looked like it'll fall.

"I thought you were upset about something else, I didn't wanna bother you after the first two nights Narda. I wanted to give you the space you needed, like how you always want it. I always see you parking here and it gives me comfort knowing we're still on the same page, that I only have to wait for you to open up, like how you always want it. But then, something shifted in me just few minutes ago. I realize this isn't about you being distant having your own problems you wanted to solve first on your own but this is instead about Brian and that ring." the girl tells her, words flowing out from her mouth so freely.

"and love, what I felt for Brian was long long gone. I only love you and nobody else. That ring you saw I'm wearing? the one you thought he gave me? it's for us, Narda." Regina tells her, letting her go as the girl pockets something out from her bag.

"this is the other ring." Regina tells her, showing her the ring.

"I was supposed to propose to you on our anniversary next week, but after finally connecting the dots, I figured next week cannot wait.. I have to tell you everything now."

"I asked Brian to pick-up the customized ring I bought, I won't be able to do that when we're always together love. I cannot ask Mara to do the job since she's with you. I can't ask Ding because he's busy with his study, but I did ask him and lola Berta for the blessing. I also can't ask Noah since he's out of town. I also can't ask Ali since he's with dad at one of his events, also not Xandra since she's busy attending her cousin's wedding that day. I only have Brian as my choice and apparently it was a bad one." Regina tells her.

She feels so overwhelmed with every thing she's hearing.

"I love you Narda, please don't be mad at me anymore? please, marry me?" Regina asks her, voice now sounding in panic.

She decided she'll just pull the girl in for a kiss as her answer.

It was a short one, but she did her best to pour in all her love in it.

"if it's not clear for you, yes, I will marry you Regina. at mahal din kita." she said as their foreheards touched.

and I promise I'll be open with all my thoughts, fears and problems from now on Regina, mahal ko.

+++++

NOTE: okay, happy ending naman tayo. Though lol, originally dapat malungkot 'to eh 😂 kaso wala lang, biglang nag shift thinking ko while writing kaya ito 😁

Ingat kayo lahat and God bless 😊