Chapter Sixteen || An Offer

Start from the beginning

Tommy and Ranboo looked pure horrified, they were both worried for Wilbur, but what had Dream done to Tubbo?

"My 'villainy' started the day my brother was selected for the Temple Keeper position. I'd stolen his intelligence power from before he'd left, he said it was to help me remember him. He said he'd visit and that he'd be back, but he never showed. He was my older brother, and the city took him away." Dream scoffed, the hand carding through Wilbur's hair got tenser but softened once it felt Wilbur shiver.

"I was forced to raised my young sister, her name was Drista, she was ten when XD left and fourteen when she died." Dream said bitterly and bowed his head.

"I'd started simple crimes by then, stealing money and food by using my brother's intelligence to scrape by. I was eventually confronted by Zero and Angel on a street with a jewelry store." Dream went on, Wilbur saw Phil stiffen as he remembered that battle.

"I'd gotten a hold of Zero's power by then, and they had already figured out how my power worked, so during the fight, they used their storm to collapse the building my sister was in, Zero proceeded to blame it on me. I'd decided after I saw my sister's body, that Zero would pay." He said angrily with a dry laugh.

"It took a few months, but soon I'd successfully kidnapped Zero. But my power tends to drive me insane, so I accidentally killed them." He stated stiffly, "Not like I regret it though." He scoffed, Wilbur tensed, how did Dream's power drive him insane?

"That lead to where I am now, when I first entered this Temple, I was excited to see my brother for the first time in years. But I found the Temple in ruins, my brother, XD, was dead. I found him on an altar, he was a sacrifice." He stated bitterly, everyone was shocked to hear that.

"This city has taken everything from me and walked away singing La Di Da, like nothing happened. It killed my sister, brother, and forced me into villainy." He summed up, he smiled bitterly, "I'll take some questions, speak."

"Did you ever truly like us?" Sapnap and George asked in unison, Dream's smile faltered as he sighed. "Yes, you guys were just busy with the Hero's Training Program and Drista was gone, I was lonely and things escalated too quickly." He explained and avoided eye contact.

It seemed like a good enough answer for them, because they fell silent and didn't speak up again.

"How did you know?" Phil suddenly asked, Dream laughed, "I assume you're talking about the identity thing? I noticed you were looking at me too closely, so I planned to throw you off the trail at the party." Dream laughed, he suddenly paused, a grin spread across his face.

"What did you mean by 'you're power makes you insane'?" Bad asked quietly, carefully. Dream paused before sighed, he began curling Wilbur's hair around his finger's, the brunet was basically unconscious in his arms.

"Every power comes with a consequence, Bad, I've yet to figure out George's or Tommy's though." He sighed, "My consequence is that I go a bit insane if I use I power too much. I never meant to hurt Wilbur that night, but I couldn't control my power." Dream closed his eyes before speaking again.

"Phil's curse is that he can't touch anyone without them dying, Techno's curse is to hear voices that crave blood, Sapnap can't get too mad otherwise he'll burst into flames, you can see the dead and feel the pain of others, and Wilbur can barely speak after a command." Dream listed off a few, everyone grew shocked as to how much he knew.

Dream smiled, "Off topic, but did Phil ever tell anyone why he adopted Tommy?" Everyone went quiet, Dream chuckled, "I'll tell you all then."

"The night after I killed Zero, I hurried to a hideout where I faked being kidnapped by 'Shift'-" Dream giggled as he said that-"- I discovered that Zero had a son, one that would most likely inherit their powers, but stronger. Phil adopted that child out of guilt and pity." Dream laughed lowly as everyone watched the blood drain from Phil and Tommy's face.