Chapter 6 - Getaway Car

Start from the beginning

"Wait, what do you mean, television?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you hear China got married to another stranger at the concert tonight?" 

The television blasted and droned on about China's so called marriage and meltdown, laughter erupting from the off-screen crowd. China himself was not in a good mood, slowly making his way back to his bedroom as he threw his tie down on the floor in frustration. EU's talk show was not helping him right now.

"On the way, China then also left the guy he married from the concert, then married his Uber driver. And, then, he will drive him to their honeymoon in Barbados, when he will then marry the bellboy, its all very-" Laughs from the live audience at the talk show boomed in China's ears, the Chinese man groaned in anger as he pulled his hand up to change the channel.

"今天,明星"中国"已婚观众陌生人"俄罗斯-" (今天,明星"中国"已婚观众陌生人"俄罗斯-Jīntiān, míngxīng"zhōngguó"yǐhūnguānzhòngmòshēngrén" èluósī-Today, star China married audience member Russia)

The man sighed, turning the TV off as he sat silently on the floor, tears slowly beginning to shed under China's eyelids as he stared silently at the wall. 

"There you are," was all that Japan, who had walked into the room, seeing the state China was in, said to him. "You need anything?'

The man only shook his head. Japan was about to leave him to his own silence when China, not even looking up, finally said something.

"Just, tell me it didn't happen! Why is it always the wrong person?! I let everyone down," the Chinese man began to cough and sniffle through his conversation with the Japanese girl, Japan coming over and crouching down to come to his aid.

"No, no, 中国, you didn't do anything wrong," the girl picked him up into her arms. China began to sob a bit, sniffling as emotion took the better of him. 

"I can't get out of my own way." 

"中国, come over here," The Japanese girl had pulled him over her shoulder, letting the man cry on her. "It's all right, we'll figure it out. I promise. We'll figure it out."

China continued to sob, this time uncontrollably, as he let himself go, wondering how he had let such a situation unfold to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well the good news is, last night, there was a wedding. The bad news, it was not a joke. I have two things to say. First off, China, we love you, but-"

"It's Mongolia," the South Korean walked into the room, grabbing her phone to notify the Chinese man. Surprisingly, he seemed to be in much better spirits than he was last night, taking the time to do some tai chi indoors. "He says he just needs five minutes."

"Hang up, turn that TV off," the Chinese man responded, still focused on his stretching as the Korean turned around and headed in the other direction. 

"I gotta go." Meanwhile Japan walked into the room, letting South Korea walk back as she stared back at her friend and client.

"He's unbelievable," China exclaimed in frustration as he took one final stretch. 

"Well, what now?" Japan asked the South Korean, turning to her as she got off the phone with Mongolia.

"He said he's going to 센카쿠, he needs to clear his mind," the South Korean responded. (센카쿠-senkaku-Senkaku Islands)

"That's 钓鱼岛 to you, 韩国," China responded again, not looking back at the two from his stretches. Again. (钓鱼岛-Diàoyúdǎo-Diaoyu Islands, 韩国-Hánguó-South Korea)

"Whatever," Japan responded.

"Look, 중국, he was crying, okay?" (중국-jung-gug-China)

"Then let him." The Japanese and Korean women both sighed, South Korea leaving the room because she needed to do something else.

"You alright, 中国?" Japan asked as he made his way over to the Chinese man. 

"No," the Chinese man pulled his back over a bit, popping it slightly.

"Alright, so look, I did some research last night, and you picked a decent single father who works as a math teacher!"

"Is that really good, 日本?"

"It's 素晴らしい! He won't be an issue. Give him 50000円, sign a paper, and pretend it never happened!" (素晴らしい-Subarashī-wonderful, 円-yen)

A sigh came out from China's mouth as his brain suddenly went to crazy land for a second. And out of nowhere, he simply responded:

"Or..." 

"Or what?"

"Or...Or I could stay married to him."

"Hah."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'ma fly out to Vegas, yeah

We could tie it up tonight, no patience

Take my last name put it where your name is

Have they ever seen a love this famous?