Present Mic's voice blasted through the stadium, drawing contestants and viewers out of their conversations. He proceeded to announce the two contestants in the match, practically blowing out his poor husband's eardrums as he did so. No wonder he was always so tired...

The students were watching the rounds carefully, looking for any weaknesses they might be able to exploit if they were to go up against them. And while the students were watching as diligently as they could, there was a certain level of attention that only Izuku could display. He saw every twitch the two students made, every small eye movement, and every time they prepared to use their quirks.

The two were fighting as best as they could, but it was clear that Shiozaki would win. Honenuki's quirk had many applications, but it couldn't work on living things. All Shiozaki had to do was snare him once and-

It's over. The vines had gently dropped him outside of the match area, leaving Shiozaki the winner. She clasped her hands together and looked up at the sky, muttering something Izuku couldn't make out even with his lip-reading skills.

The first match had gotten the audience properly fired up, all waiting to see which students would be fighting next. Pro heroes were in the stands, carefully observing the students and their quirks to see just who would work best with them. Even the pro heroes who were patrolling had stopped and done so. Izuku felt a small frown tug at his lips when he saw that. Sloppy...

The two walked off the field, with Shiozaki advancing to the next round. The next two contestants, Todoroki and Sero, were quickly called to the arena. The two walked forward, with Sero appearing to have a nervous sweat while Todoroki calmly stood in place. Sero made a valiant effort to swing Todoroki out of the ring, but Todoroki unleashed a massive attack of ice, encasing the black-haired boy completely. It was obvious the match was over.

Izuku saw Todoroki's face as he melted Sero out of the glacier, paying close attention to the burning regret in the boy's eyes as he activated his left side. His mind flashed back to what Todoroki had said to Shinso after the cavalry round, a spark of anger blaring as he thought about Endeavor. When he had taught the pro hero along with All Might, he was angry, but it was never to this degree. He must have gotten worse in the time he spent constantly trying to surpass All Might. He wondered how the hot-headed hero would feel when he found out about All Might's retirement.

The next two competitors, Shinso and Kaminari, had a ten-minute break before their match would start. They had made their way to the prep rooms, and their classmates were buzzing with excitement in their wake.

Very few knew what Shinso's quirk was, so they were all theorizing about what it may be. Izuku noticed that Todoroki was much more apt to participate in activities when the word 'theory' was involved. He would have to find out more on the subject later though because Uraraka was being slightly concerning. She had walked over to Mina, and appeared to be negotiating some sort of deal. Tokoyami was watching over the affair with a foreboding expression on his face, looking up once before going back to his seat.

Mina and Uraraka, after shaking hands, made their way to the front of the section, big smirks on their faces. Izuku really wasn't sure what just happened, which was a rare occurrence for him, but he was sure it was going to be entertaining.

The ten minutes had passed, and now the two 1-a students entered the arena. Kaminari had a determined look on his face, while Shinso's eyebags were just a tad less noticeable. This was going to be an interesting match for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinso stepped onto the match field, facing Kaminari directly. He didn't have his capture weapon with him since the hero course wasn't permitted to bring support gear, and it really wasn't too smart to get close to Kaminari, so he was going to have to use his quirk. He usually wouldn't mind, but his quirk was pretty reliant on the fact that nobody knew how it worked, so in an arena where everyone could see him and exactly how it worked? Not the ideal environment.