Chapter 28: The real punishment

I just finished editing :)  

It's quite late so I won't comment much. Let's get right into it. 

I hope you enjoy this new update <3 <3

Wang Ji's POV

I felt immense pain and sorrow. That happened out of nowhere and made me clutch my chest.

"Prince Wang Ji, is everything alright?" The crown prince of the water realm asked as I stood up.

"I need a break."

"We are discussing the next steps to attack the enemies. Is a break really necessary?"

"It is. I am sorry. I will be right back, your Highnesses." I bowed and left the tent.

"Let him have a break. I know you all don't want to admit it but he is better than most of us. He killed more of the enemies than us." I heard someone say.

"True. If he is already this strong, how strong must crown prince Lan Huan be?"

"That's what I am curious too. What if-" The rest I didn't hear any more as I left the tent in hurried steps.

I took in deep breaths as I tried to calm down. I knew without someone telling me that something happened to Wei Ying. I was worried and wanted to go back immediately but that would have been a crime. I didn't mind that but Wei Ying would be disappointed.

I was separated from him for 15 months now and I was missing him like crazy. I wasn't even able to sleep much despite knowing that once I closed my eyes I would at least see him.

I was worried about him. He was currently in emotional pain. As much as I hoped it was just because he was missing me, I knew that wasn't the case. Something had happened. Something Wei Ying couldn't cope with. He needed me.

'I need to go back as soon as possible!' I thought.

But I couldn't just barge into the enemy's territory. Especially not alone. We needed a good plan and probably patience. A lot of patience but with Wei Ying being like he was, I had everything but patience.

'Calm down, Wang Ji. You won't be able to be back with him if you die on the battlefield.' I tried to calm myself down but I only succeeded in half.

"Prince Wang Ji, can we continue?" Someone called me and I nodded before approaching the tent again.

'Wait for me, my love. I will finish this as quickly as possible, I promise. Just wait a little more, Wei Ying. Just a little more. I will soon be back.' I held my chest and took one last deep breath before entering the tent and joining the others.

Wei Ying's POV

Feeling the discomfort and slight pain in my body as well as the tiredness, I knew I didn't have slept much when I opened my eyes due to the tumult happening outside. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Wen Ning who knelt in front of my bed.