Chapter 17: Once the trust is broken ...

Heyyyyy, here I am with the new chapter. I decided to upload it now because I promised and didn't want to disappoint you guys. 

But be aware that there are still a lot of mistakes because I didn't proofread it yet. I will do so tomorrow because I won't be able to finish it today.

For those who can't wait, feel free to start reading :) 

Edit: I edited the chapter and there should be fewer mistakes than before :) 

Enjoy reading <3 <3

Wei Ying's POV

Wang Ji escorted me back to my palace and no one spoke a word there was nothing to say anyway. But I felt that Wang Ji was in a very bad mood and it worried me. I've never seen Wang Ji this angry, especially not at Lan Huan.

He loved his brother but I knew that he liked me as well. For him, it must feel like being trapped in a fight between his brothers and I didn't want him to go through that. I didn't want to destroy their relationship.

"Thank you, Wang Ji." I thanked him once we arrived at the palace. Lan Huan was not yet back.

"Mhn..." Wang Ji turned around and was about to leave but because I had a bad feeling I called him back.

"Wang Ji..." He turned to me and waited. "I know you are angry at him. I feel relieved that there is someone else who realized what Lan Huan did is wrong. Thank you for listening to me and... and for being on my side. But please.... don't do anything, don't confront him, don't ... please let me handle it on my own. This is something I have to handle."

Wang Ji looked at me and when I saw his eyes softening up I sighed in relief, knowing he would follow my plea.

"Don't go easy on him, Wei Ying." I gaped at him hearing the tone of his voice. It was a plea and a bit of advice, yet it also sounded like a warning.

"I won't." I agreed and after looking at me for a long time the corner of his lips lifted into a small smile and he bowed to me before leaving.

I watched him until he was gone and felt strangely lost. That was until I heard Wen Ning's voice.

"What are you going to do, your highness?" He asked in a small voice and I turned to him.

"Confront him head-on. I won't let him so as he pleases anymore, not as long as he sleeps in the same room as I." I answered and entered the bedroom.

Wen Ning followed me and watched him looking around the room.

"Wen Ning, please pack up everything that belongs to Lan Huan and send it to another bedroom. But not the closest one to here."

Wen Ning widened his eyes but nodded. "Yes, your highness."

I signaled him to start and was about to sit on the bed but decided not to until the sheets were exchanged. So I sat on the windowsill and looked outside. I wanted to stroke my womb like usual but my flat stomach reminded me of what I had lost a few days ago.

I knew that my emotional despair had killed my daughter, no, actually I killed my daughter. She didn't even have a name yet ... Because of my carelessness, she died.

"I am so sorry...." I whispered and continued to stroke my stomach while trying my best to hold back my tears. It was clear to me that I won't have any children again in my life. Losing more children would kill me.