Chapter 26: Parting ways

Later than usual, I am back with a new chapter. 

Enjoy <3 <3

Wei Ying's POV

I arrived at Wang Ji's palace but had to hide instantly seeing the emperor in front of it. To get to the labyrinth I would have to show myself and that was not going to happen. I watched how the emperor slowly walked back and forth. He then approached the door but stopped at the last minute and instead of knocking on the door, he took a few steps back and sighed before shaking his head and continuing walking back and forth.

I didn't like it. Whatever went through the head of that man, probably meant nothing good. At least not for anyone else except him. But seeing no woman close, it at least didn't mean another effort to try matchmaking Wang Ji with someone else.

The emperor repeated his actions multiple times, his aura showing signs of uncertainty and unwillingness before he shook his head one last time and left for good.

Once I was sure no one was close, which was the case most of the time, I entered the labyrinth and made my way towards Wang Ji. He sat on the green grass playing the zither while quite a few bunnies were hopping around him, seemingly listening to his music. A look to my right I saw Wen Ning playing with another bunch of bunnies. It seems that the female bunnies calm down from their obsession for the time being and behaved quite normally, much to Wen Ning's obvious delight.

I stepped behind Wang Ji, knelt, and hugged him. Wang Ji leaned back and continued to play his zither until he finished the song. He put the instrument away and with one strong pull he made me fall into his lap. I laughed at this and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I am pretty sure I told you to not miss me too much." I grinned.

"Mhn." He nodded. "Not possible."

"I am sorry." I kissed him once more and only pulled away when Wang Ji was satisfied.

"How is he?"

"Who?"

"My nephew." He followed up. "Is he very sick?"

"He has a high fever but is still pretty energetic."

"How are you feeling?"

"What? Because I visited that woman and her child you think I would feel upset?" Wang Ji kept looking at me and I sighed. "You know me so well."

"Mhn."

"I do feel upset but just because of that I don't want the innocent to suffer. The child is innocent and I hope he will get better soon. I know exactly how it feels to lose a child... "

"Did something else happen?"

"Just your brother and his persistence. He-" I was pressed to the ground without being able to finish my sentence. His lips devoured mine and didn't let go until my lips were fully swollen.

"Wang Ji...." I panted. "You asked me... why would be like this if I answer truthfully...."

He didn't say anything but stared at me. I felt shivers running down my spine seeing the love and desire mirroring in his golden orbs. I managed to free one hand he had pressed on the grass and reached for his cheeks. I pulled him down into another deep kiss not caring about my swollen lips.

"I am yours, Wang Ji. Only yours..." I whispered and Wang Ji answered with a growl. "I love you."

"I love you so much more..." He mumbled and kissed my whole face. I relaxed and let him do with me what he wanted. I was getting hot when he started to touch me everywhere and when he started to open my garments, I stopped him.