Things you might need to know

Here I will write down what I think you guys might need to know in order to not be totally confused when reading this story. 

1. Timeline

The mortal realm will take place in ancient times and will continue over the whole story. 1 day in the immortal realm equals 1 month in the mortal realm.

The mortal realm does not influence the immortal one. E.g. no matter what kind of things the mortal realm would ever develop in the future (such as phones, cars, etc.), it has no impact on the immortal realm.

2. Realms

In this story, a few realms might be mentioned. I won't talk about them much as this story takes place in mostly the mortal realm and the heavenly realm but to prevent confusion I will list down which realms exist:

1. The mortal realm with its four regions north, east, south, west

2. The immortal realm with the following realms within:

- Divine Realm

- Heavenly Realm

- Fire Realm

- Water Realm

- Ghost Realm

- Beast Realm

3. Rank within the imperial palace

I have to be honest. I still get quite confused with the order of ranks in an imperial palace in China. I think it depends on which dynasty we are in but as this story has no real dynasty and I am not too familiar with this topic, I decided that I will make the ranks as I want them to be and I will also choose their explanation as I want. Therefore the ranks in the imperial palace of this story will be the following:

1. Emperor/Empress

2.

Crown Princes/Crown Princesses

3. Princes/Princesses

4. Imperial Noble consort (legally married to the emperor/crown prince)

5. Imperial Noble concubine (not married but pregnant with the child of the crown prince/emperor)

6. Concubine (kept woman with low social status for pleasuring the needs of men)

7. Maid/Servants

8. Slaves

4. Supernatural abilities:

The immortal realm has supernatural skills. I am not sure how to explain this, to be honest...

For example:

- Seers (Divine realm) know and see a lot. They can also see into the future (they do not see and know everything though). They are close to the gods.

- Seeing auras (very rare even within the seers)

- Protection walls/spells (protection spells can also be used during sex if a pregnancy is not wanted)

- Immortals can float or travel through different realms easily

- some can read minds, some can see the memories of another person...

- Doctors have the skills to heal even the worst wounded person but there are sicknesses even they can't heal nor can they bring people back to life.

5. Pregnancy:

Women can get pregnant (what a surprise^^) and give birth like usual.

Men who can give birth are a few within the immortal realm. But within the mortal realm, this is a very rare possibility, almost nonexistent. That means, Wei Ying being able to get pregnant is shocking and very special.

How does a man giving birth work? I don't know... ^^ Well, you can imagine it like this: Midwives (in the immortal realm) can open up something like a portal that works as a vagina. Once the portal is open, a man then can press as a woman does and the baby will be delivered normally. Of course, there can be the same difficulties as when a woman gives birth.

Sounds weird, I know ^^

6. Babies

Will the baby be a mortal or an immortal? The rules are the following:

If the woman is an immortal, the daughter will always be an immortal too even if the father is a mortal. The son on the other hand will always be a mortal.

If the man is immortal then the son will always be immortal too even if the mother is a mortal. If both parties are men, then the sons will still be immortal (because immortal blood is stronger) but the daughters will be mortal.

To make it clearer:

- immortal x immortal = immortal children

- mortal x mortal = mortal children

- female immortal x male mortal = immortal daughter/mortal son

- male immortal x male/female mortal = immortal son/mortal daughter

Immortal Children are growing up in a slower process. (e.g. 50 years = 1 year, 100 years = 2 years

An immortal counts as an adult once he turned 1000 Years old (that equals a 20 years old man/woman) and after that, he doesn't age for a long time.

When one of the parents is a mortal the growing speed (not the age!) of the child is the same as a mortal because they have mortal blood in their veins.

I hope that was understandable.^^

I might update this "chapter" once in a while whenever I want to explain a few things. :)