|Her Love|

Morgana

.

.

.

The castle stood high and dazzled like a golden sun.

Inside lay beautiful architecture, lights made from the most detailed glass, and art I could've never imagined catching sight of.

This glorious environment, of course, wasn't fit for servants. I and many other young ladies were escorted to a floor far far down below by guards.

That night, we slept with the darkness. There were no windows, no open doors, all we had were ourselves during possibly the most painful hours of our lives. Many girls cried but not too loud so that trouble could be avoided.

I was one of those girls but I didn't care about getting into trouble, the tears seemed to go on forever. I've managed to go so long without having an outburst but deep down I am in the utmost pain.

Mother's voice triggers every thought racing through my mind at this moment. I remember the sweet names she would call me and her amazing hugs that would keep me warm on the coldest nights.

Her eye's were the epitome of happiness, no matter our tough battles. Those eyes never stopped sparkling till today, till I saw them deteriorating below me. She was so good, so caring, and so beautiful. She has a soul like no other.

So why would they do this to me?

Why would they do this to us?

I've repeatedly asked God this.

Why won't he stop my heart from aching like this?

It's a pain that no one should ever have to endure, truly indescribable and unbearable.

I spent the night thinking of why or how we could've possibly deserved this torture. Hours passed like days yet I was left with no answer. You can only imagine the amount of frustration that compelled me once morning soon came to be.

An old woman came marching inside the servant hall.

I was sitting on the bed with my knees to my chest and arms clasped tightly around them, and quite frankly I could not find the strength or care in me to sit up properly.

"Wake up you pack of twigs. Line up for inspection!" the lady loudly demanded.

Her words came through one ear and out from the other.

Lord knows my conscious was gone, I could barely keep my eyes open.

I could hear many footsteps scrambling and in a rush to follow her orders but who would give me the energy to do the same?

A few moments of silence passed.

Then suddenly some wooden material collided with the cement floor, making a loud noise that startled me a bit.

The suddenness forced me to lift my head up but that small action itself was delivered sluggishly.

I saw that everyone was in one long neat line, all facing me, including that old woman. Her face looked hard, wrinkly, and unwelcoming. I don't like to judge appearances but her eyes were throwing daggers at me from a distance so I'm guessing she wasn't the nicest of all people.

She cleared her throat, "You girl, what is your name?"

"Mor-mor" I stopped, seeing that my voice was almost gone and very difficult to control.