Pallet battle festival

It was the next day after Sho's first battle in the world coronation series. He and Green were on the plane as they were discussing their next destination.
Sho:So where are we going?
Green:Kanto. I wanted to tell my parents about my plan to travel around the world. Also I heard there is a battle tournament being held in Pallet where trainers can boost their rankings.
Sho:Awesome.
The plane gets off the ground as it glides across the air. In less then an hour after they take off Sho's eyes close as he falls asleep. Green turns to see him asleep as he unconsciously puts his head on her shoulder. The girl blushes profusely as she slowly faces him without waking him up.
Green:He is so cute. Wait why am I saying that? I just met him.
Paimo smirks at this as Green's blush grows.
Green:Don't you dare say anything.
Paimo just keeps up his smirk as he continues to munch in the snacks Sho brought at the airport. Eventually they land in Viridian as Green pokes at his face until Sho wakes up. They get off as Sho stretches.
Sho:Alright. Let's head to Pallet.
Green:Yeah let's go!
They travel through route 1 as they see many pokemon including Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow and Oddish. They make it to Pallet as they see many streaks of ribbons above the city and a large banner which states:Pallet battle Festival, all participants sign up at Professor Oak's lab!
Sho:I'm going to go register.
Green:Alright, I'll meet you later.
Sho:Ok
They split off as Sho heads in the direction of a large building at the top of a tall hill where he can see many pokemon in the back playing.

He arrives as a young man in green clothes and an orange headband greets him at the entrance

Tracey:Hi there

Tracey:Hi there. I am Tracey, Professor Oak's assistance. Are you here to sign up for the battle tournament?
Sho:Yep.
Tracey:Alright.
He jots his name on the sign up sheet and allows him to pass. Sho arrives at a clearing at the back of the lab where he sees around 64 people and on a stage is the world famous Professor Oak.