" Lucius," he said in a warm voice, taking a step forward and greeting her husband.

He then turned towards y/n and placed a gentle kiss on her hand.

" Mrs Malfoy... you look lovely" the minister said with a smile.

" thank you sir" y/n answered.

The whole time Lucius kept a protective arm around her waist. They were then guided into the dining room.

The men were conversing about something but y/n didn't pay much attention to what they were saying.

Lucius pulled out her chair and gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze before sitting down beside her.

A set of doors then opened to reveal a woman with brown hair, a few gray streaks visible, but y/n though she looked incredibly beautiful.

As soon as she entered the room both men stood up. It was considered good manners for a man to stand up when a woman entered the room.

Lucius gave the new woman in the room a quick kiss on the hand.

" mrs Malfoy, this is my wife, I don't think you two have met before," the minister said.

" It's a pleasure to meet you," y/n said, nodding to his wife.

" indeed" she answered, eyeing y/n critically. An uncomfortable tingle ran through y/n's body. The other woman's judging eyes grazed every inch of her body.

Once everyone was seated the men continued their conversation. The meal arrived not long after that.

During the whole dinner the other woman's piercing eyes never left y/n. Neither of them said much, since women weren't encouraged to speak much during occasions such as these.

After a very long time, dinner was finally over.

" Care to join me for a cigar, Lucius?" The minister asked.

" Of course, " Lucius answered. He was hesitant to leave his wife but it could be rude to refuse a cigar with the minister.

Before leaving, he gave his wife's shoulder a squeeze. " I'll be back in a minute," he said. He had of course noticed how uncomfortable his wife was. He didn't understand why the other woman was looking at his wife in such a way.

Of course, he didn't ask about it since it would be considered impolite.

After the gentlemen left y/n tried to break the silence.

" You have a lovely home ma'am" she said.

" I do, " the minister's wife responded.

Silence once again filled the room.

" You're not quite what I expected," the older woman said after a while.

" pardon?" Y/n asked.

" You look nothing like a Malfoy bride ought to look like" the other woman stated simply.

Y/n wondered if she realized how impolite she sounded. Y/n didn't know how to respond. She could feel a lump start to form in her throat.

" I..I'm ...." Y/n tried to come up with something to say,

After a few futile attempts y/n gave up. Silently praying that Lucius would return quickly.

" Harold and I were talking yesterday and I've been thinking. Is it true that you're infertile?"

Y/n froze. All the blood drained from her face at once.

" I mean, you been married for almost two months now and yet there's still no news of an heir"

Tears started to build up in y/n's eyes. It wasn't like she hadn't already had this though. She had laid awake many nights repeating those exact words in her head. She had never dared mention anything to Lucius, but y/n feared that the other woman's accusation was true.

Just that moment her husband returned.

" It's getting a little late love, it's time to go home," Lucius' deep voice declared.

Y/n couldn't bring herself to answer. She knew that if she opened her mouth, she would break down.

Lucius found the lack of response strange, but merely walked towards her and put an arm around her. If he had looked at her face, he would have noticed that something was clearly amiss.

"Thanks for the lovely dinner ma'am" Lucius said kindly.

" I'm the one who should be grateful sir" the other woman said.

" you and your new wife are lovely company," she said with a smile.

The malice that had been present in her voice just a second before was now gone.

Lucius gave her a nod before grabbing y/n's arm, getting ready to apparate.

" Are you ready, love?'' He asked.

Y/n merely nodded. She then felt the familiar nausea and next thing she knew, she was standing in their bedroom in Malfoy manor.

It was first now that Lucius saw the distraught expression on his wife's face. He gently took her hand, brow furrowed with worry.

"What's wrong my darling?" He asked

A single tear fell down her cheek.

" Do you think I'm a bad wife?" Y/n sniffled, before her knees finally gave out.

Her husband's strong arms caught her before she hit the floor.

" Why would you ever think that?" Lucius asked.

When she didn't answer, he continued speaking.

" you're the most perfect, beautiful, kindest and most amazing wife a man could ever ask for" he said, stroking her cheek.

" Now, what has gotten these thoughts in your head?" he asked. " You were just fine before dinner."

"The minister's wife thinks I'm infertile, '' y/n said before breaking down in tears.

Lucius gently carried her to their bed, before looking her deep into the eyes.

" that simply isn't true love" he said

" But think about it, Lucius!, " Y said desperately. We've been married for almost two months and I'm still not pregnant"

He gave her forehead a gentle kiss. " you don't need to worry sweetheart, but if it will easy your mind I'll take you to a doctor to see if anything is wrong"

Y/n leaned closer to her husband, urging him to get in the bed with her.

" But now, I think I'll get your mind off this" He said before getting in the bed beside her.
" You're the most perfect wife I could ever ask for" he said, giving her a tender kiss.

" I love you Lucius" Y n said.

" I love you too, my starlight".

___________________________________
Word count: 1559

Authors Note:

Hiii!!! Thank you all for being so patient! I finally have some ideas for this book so I think I will start writing again. I've also decided on how long this book is going to be. I will end it at 30 chapters, but there will probably be a sequel!

In the sequel, I want to incorparate Draco. What do you all think about that? Do you want to read that or will the pragnacy trope ruin the book? I really want to hear your opinion.

Im also planning a chistmas speacial, so I would love to hear your ideas for that.

As always, thank you for your lovely comments. Even though I don't always respond, I read them all. And if you have any chapter ideas, please leave a comment or message me.