Chapter 4

Y/N's heartrate slightly quickened as she saw her mother enter the room. She and her mother didn't have a great relationship. Druella black was a very cold woman, and always managed to find flaws in all of her daughters. The biggest flaw of them all was that they where daughters and not sons. Her mother and father, like the majority of pureblood families, solely desired to have sons.

Every family desperatly wanted an heir. What Y/n was a little girl she often wondered why girls cound't become heirs. She decided to ask her mother whom repilied 'Don't be silly girl, a woman's place is beside her husband, birthing his children. A woman could never inherit such a title'.

After that day Y/n never asked that question again.

If a wife didn't manage to produce an heir she was considered a failure. Y/N often thought that was why her mother was so cold to her. She and her sisters was what made Druella Black a failure.

Druella approached her with quick steps. She took a sharp breath as her mother reached her.

For a while, the two women just stood there looking at each other. Y/N didn't know what to say. The silence didn't last too long before her mother finally managed to say something.

" You've grown, Y/N" Druella said in a mild voice. At first Y/N was a bit shocked. She hadn't heard her mother speak like that in many years.

"Thank you Mother" Y/n finally managed to reply.

Her mother then stepped forward and gently touched the fabric of the white dress.

"You finally look like a proper woman" Druella said quietly.

" Finally?" Y/N said before she could stop herself. She flinched at her own stupidity. She had messed up and she knew it. 'Why do I always have to destroy everything'the young woman thought to herself. She finally got some kind of praise from her mother and she just had to ruin it by not managing to keep her mouth shut.

Druella then looked up and met Y/N's eyes.

" You finally look like a proper woman should. You've grown a lot Y/N, and I know that with this new body of yours you'll manage to create a fine heir for Lord Malfoy. "

" So my only purpose is to get pregnant and give birth?" Y/N said without thinking.

The words just poured out of her mouth without her being able to stop them. She usually had remarkable self control but with all the built up stress in her body Y/N couldn't manage to control herself anymore.

" You only want to use my body to create an heir for the Malfoy name " Y/n said with spite in her voice.

" You want to breed me like livestock and I'm just supposed to be quiet and comply?" she continued.

" Enough!" Druella yelled loudly. The anger practically radiated off the older womans body.

In the corner of her eye Y/N could see Martha flinch. She had almost forgot that Martha was still there.

" You've always been way too much like your sister!"her mother continued to yell.

Y/N immidietly knew she was referring to Bella. Y/N and Bella was in reality very different from each other. Still, when her mother was angry with her youngest daughter, she liked to compare her to her oldest sister. Bellatrix was the total opposite of the proper pureblooded daughter that Druella Black wanted. She had married Bella off as soon as she could.

Bella had gotten married to Rodolphus Lestrange a few years ago. Y/n missed her sister greatly, but at least she knew that Bella was safe. Rodolphus completely ignored his wife and only talked to her when he absolutely had to.

Druella always hated how much Bella and Y/N got along. She always thought that Bella was a bad influence on Y/N. When they grew up, Druella tried to keep her two daughters as far away from each other as she could. Her daughters however always managed to find new ways to see each other. They always found a way aroud their mothers attempts of keepig them apart.

Her mother blamed Bella everytime Y/N acted upp or stepped out of line. She said that Bella had'Poisoned Y/n with her horrid venom'and that she had'Passed on her rovolting behaviour to her younger sister'

Y/N's gaze was cold as ice. She nor her mother said anything more for a while.

When the worst of her anger finally had vanished, Druella said" You're gonna marry Lord Malfoy and produce an heir for him. You should be grateful that we created such a great match for you. The House of Malfoy is very wealthy and you should be honored to prodoce an heir for a family of that status"

" What if I don't want to produce an heir?" Y/n questioned with venom in her voice.

" If you don't produce an heir you're worth no more than a mudblood"

The insult hit Y/n hard in the chest.

" Your place as a pureblood woman is to secure the bloodline. It's your duty to all of wizardkind."

Y/N could feel her blood starting to boil. She hated the way her mother talked about women. She spoke about her own sex like they were worth no more than cattle.

"Toujours Pur" her mother then stated with a cold voice.

Before Y/N could even think of a reply her mother turned around and started walking towards the door. The heavy mahogny doors closed with loud bang.

Y/N just stood there for a few seconds. She almost couldn't comprehend what just had happened. Did her mother only come here to tell her about her duty as a woman or did she have something else to say? Visiting her daughter just to yell at her seemed unusual even for Druella Black.

She then heard a quiet cough from Marha a few feet away.

" Are you alright Ms.Black?" Martha asked in a shaky voice.

" I think so " Y/n replied uncertantly.

Martha then handed her a glass of water that she was holding in her hands. When Martha gave it to her Y/N could see that her hands where shaking violently.

Y/n nodded a quiet 'thank you' to Martha before drinking the water quickly.

Martha had a painfull look in her eyes as she watched Y/N.

'Martha is probably as shocked as I am' Y/N thought.

" I better take this dress off and head back to my room now" she said to the maid.

" Of course, my Lady" Martha answered politely.

The young woman felt the air returning to her lungs as Martha unlaced the tight dress. She felt exhausted after all that had happened today.

It was only early afternoon and Y/N already felt like going back to bed. She released a deep breath she hadn't realised she as holding as the many layers of fabric slipped over her head.

She quicly picked up her black dress that was neatly folded on the chair. She slipped it over her head an carefully put on her black stockings and shoes.

She said a quick goodbye to Martha before heading towards the heavy doors. As she made her way back to her room she could only think about one thing.

Her comfortable armchair. She longed to be back in her armchair and read her book.

Y/N let out a tired sigh before opening the doors to her bedroom.

She slipped of her shoes and sat down in her armchair. She once again picked up her book, trying to escape reality for at least a little while.

Y/N only had a few precious moments left before her life changed forever.

___________________________________________

Words: 1280