⁵PAS DE DEUX

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter Five||Pas de Deux
"You know what, you can give it to her yourself."

☆

     "𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒," 𝐌𝐄𝐆 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃, walking in the snow with her five sisters on their way to either go to work, or school.

     "I'm quite excited to go back-" Cora started, but got interrupted by Amy. "But that's because you enjoy what you're doing, and it's fun! I have to go back to school and I don't have any limes!" Amy complained with a frown.

     "Limes?" Cora asked confused. "All the girls are trading pickled limes, and I'm in debt. I owe ever so many limes," Amy spoke.

      Meg just smiled and took out some money from her pocket, "Will this do?" She asked as Amy gasped and happily took the money, thanking her sister over and over again.

     "What'd you do that for?" Jo asked looking disapprovingly at Meg, she thought Amy should work to get stuff and not have it handed to her on a silver platter.

     Meg just shook her head and said, "I know what it is to want things and feel less than other girls."

     "Between that and the drawings, it will wipe out my debt," Amy grinned happily. "What drawings?" Meg asked.

     "Nothing!" Amy spoke, changing the subject quickly. "I'm just glad mother doesn't make me go to school with all those other girls," Beth said, shivering at the thought.

     "I'm glad of that too," Cora said, agreeing with Beth. "Although the first few years I had to do so weren't horrible."

     Soon after the five girls parted, Amy and Jo going together and Beth and Meg going together while Cora ran off to her dance lessons.

    The clock struck two and Cora was finally done for the day. In the lesson today, her class had started off with partnering up in twos to choreograph a Pas de Deux, which was a dance for two people.

     To Cora's dismay, she was partnered with one of the most snobbish and unruly boy in the class. But soon after, she was able to partner with a different boy as an issue occurred, and the boy had to go home.

      However, as soon as Cora got home, she saw her mother and two sisters getting ready to go out.

     "Oh good! You're home Cora!" Meg exclaimed in a cheerful tone, "Amy's got herself in trouble, and she's over at the Laurence's house. Would you like to come?" She asked, hugging her sister as a welcoming.