³BYE BYE BREAKFAST

Start from the beginning

Jo stood up and walked over to Meg, laying her head on her knees, "You could be a proper actress!" "I could not be an actress," Meg denied, shaking her head at that obscure thought.

Jo just rolled her eyes before walking over to Cora, the past night being forgotten. "And you! Our little Coral can be the most famous dancer in the world, and you could attend that Opera thing in Paris you've always dreamed of going to," Jo smiled, using the nickname only she used for Cora.

"Maybe one day," Cora responded, snuggling up to Jo. "I mean, you're already halfway there, we just need money now," Jo said, frowning.

"I have many wishes! But my most favourite one is to be an artist and go to France with Cora, preferably and be the best painter in the world!" Amy declared, standing on a table and twirling. Cora's heart warmed when she realised Amy included her in her wish. As much as Amy got on her nerves, she was a sweet child.

"You are an incredible artist, Amy, and I'm sure you'll become an even better one as the years pass," Cora smiled, nodding at the girl.

"Isn't that what you want, Jo? To become a famous writer?" Beth asked. "Yeah, but it sounds so crass when she says it!" Jo said, pointing at Amy, who was laughing. "Why be ashamed of it?" Beth asked, shaking her head. "I'm not!" Jo denied.

Beth stood up and left her sewing on the table, walking to where Jo and Cora lay, laying her own head on Cora's shoulder. "My wish is all of us to be together with mother and father in this house. That is all I want," Beth said, smiling.

Everyone nodded to this statement, as it sounded like the best and greatest wish to ever come true. "What about your music Queen Bess?" Jo asked, looking at Beth.

Beth had a talent for music which every sister loved to hear, and they would always beg Beth to play something for them.

"I only do that for us, nobody else needs to hear it," She said, shaking her head. "You must not limit yourself!" Amy exclaimed, looking in the mirror trying to shape her nose. Amy was obsessed with her nose, always complaining about how snub and flat looking her nose was. No matter how many times Cora said she looked fine, Amy always ignored her.

"Mother proposed not having presents this year because men are suffering in the army. We cannot do much, but we should make little sacrifices and do it gladly," Meg spoke for the first time in a few minutes, standing up and placing her sewing on the couch.

Jo just rolled her eyes, "Don't play mother, just because she isn't home," She said. Cora smiled and handed Jo a pillow, which she then threw at Meg.

"Don't do that, Jo! That's so boyish!" Amy groaned, turning round. "And Cora, don't encourage this boyish behaviour!" She added, pointing at Cora, who just stuck her hands up in defence of herself.

"Don't bring Cora into this!" Jo defended her sister, bringing her in closer to her. "And plus that's the reason I do it," She said, shrugging. "I detest rude, un lady like girls," Amy argued.

"I hate affected little chits!" Jo argued back and then got up to tackle Amy, bringing Cora with her. And then of course Cora brought Beth in who brought Meg in, and they all started wrestling each other in the living room. "My nose! Watch my nose!" Amy squealed. "It's already no good!"

"Well, we might as well make it worse," Cora laughed. "Cora!" Amy exclaimed with a laugh as well.

However, Hannah, their beloved maid, disrupted their wrestle by entering the room. "I know you don't care what I think, but you don't want your mother coming in and seeing this, do you?" Hannah asked, eyes wide.