Chapter - 1

Third Person’s POV

It has only been a few hours since the sun has risen. Through the gap of the curtains of a lavish room, the sunlight entered the room and when it fell on the face of the young handsome man lying on the bed, the young man opened his eyes slowly.

Opening his eyes he looked around the surrounding, he first frowned seeing a beautiful woman wearing a bridal dress standing in front of his bed with a drowsy expression. Looking at her it seemed she hasn’t slept the whole night. He was first confused. But gradually the young man remembered who she is and why she was standing. He got shocked thinking about something.

He got up from his bed and asked her “you haven’t slept the whole night !?”

The young woman got startled suddenly hearing a voice, she was going to fall but the young man supported her. Her drowsiness flew away seeing the man, she looked at him with wide eyes.

Not getting any reply, the man again asked “ haven’t you slept all night ?”

The young woman meekly nodded her head in the negative sense.

The young man was too shocked to react. He didn’t understand how will he react. Without giving any response the young man went to the washroom.

In the washroom after flashing some water on his face, the man looked at himself in the mirror and thought “am I thinking right? Am I doing right? Is she really…”

Flashback

In a skyscraper building, inside a well-decorated office, a man in his mid-sixties was working on his laptop when with a thud sound the door of the room opened, and a  young man in his early thirties, with an angry face entered the room.

“Why did you accept that proposal?”

Meet Mr. ARAV MALHOTRA, 32 years old, arrogant, tall, one of the most handsome men in the city, bachelor but not most eligible because no caring father wants to marry off their lovely daughter with him and whoever wants, he doesn’t want to marry them. He is a womanizer and also a kind of misogynist. Yeah…weird. He loves women in his bed but not the same woman twice. But he hates women other times, except for the women of his family. So it’s kind of confusing if he likes women or not.

“Because I think it is the right decision.”

Meet Mr. DHIRAJ MALHOTRA, father of Arav Malhotra and chairperson of Malhotra Groups, 64 years old, one of the richest businessmen in the city, who loves his family to the core.

ARAV : right decision for whom?

Shouted at his father, anger, and frustration were clearly visible in his tone.

DHIRAJ : Right decision for you, for our business, for everyone…this is the best decision.

Unaffected by his son's tone, Dhiraj replied with a calm but firm voice.

ARAV: Really dad!!? This is not just a business deal… this is about my life also… how can you accept this without my permission?

Arav was looking at his father with a very frustrated look. Dhiraj looked at him and calmly asked him.

DHIRAJ: If you have that sense of responsibility to make the right decision in your life … did I need to do this?

ARAV: Ohh come on dad…..I have a proper sense and responsibility….. What is the problem with my life… I am helping you manage your company… do all the things a son should do… so what is the problem!!

DHIRAJ: The problem is you are already 32 ….. And still, now you haven’t settled in your life.

ARAV: what kind of settlement dad?? Marriage??? Why do I need to settle with one woman when I can have so many…

Hearing this Dhiraj couldn’t control himself anymore, he has been maintaining his composure since Arav entered the room. He had tried to talk with his son calmly and make him understand that the life he has been living, it’s not life. But hearing his son's words he couldn’t control himself anymore.

DHIRAJ : THIS…This…This is the problem….. Life can’t go on like this… Your mother and I, are becoming old….don’t you want to give us some happiness??

Dhiraj shouted at his son losing his composer. But it didn’t affect Arav at all. He didn’t even flinch hearing his father’s sudden shout. He still continued his argument with his father.

ARAV : happy? If I get married you will be happy?? How my marriage will relate to your happiness?

DHIRAJ : of course… when we will see our son is living a happy married life… of course, we will be happy.

ARAV : and how could you be sure that my married life will be fine? I will be happy ? You have already seen bhai’s  (brother)  married life… do you find him happy?

Dhiraj made a frustrated sigh. He was fade up saying his son this same thing for so many days.

DHIRAJ : ohh god! son you have to understand every married life is not like your brother’s. Every woman is not like Shilpa….. Can’t you see us, your cousins, uncles, bua… we are all happy in our married life. Just because of one person you are judging all the people!

ARAV : whatever… but I am no-

DHIRAJ : No buts…still, I am the head of the family and even in the business. So as your father, as your boss I am ordering you to accept this marriage.

This time Dhiraj said with a very strict voice. He knew if he don’t be a little strict today his son will never settle in his life. Because of his lifestyle, he has already made a very bad reputation among elite families. No one wants their daughter to marry him despite he (Arav) being his (Dhiraj) son. So he accepted this proposal, he knew if he didn’t take this step today then his son's whole life will be going on like this and he couldn’t let that happen.

ARAV : but da-

DHIRAJ : no buts Arav… and listen they don’t want a very grand wedding and I know you will also not want that so I accept their request. Tomorrow your marriage will be happening in court at 10:00 am.

ARAV : WHAT? TOMORROW?

Arav looked at his father with a very shocked expression. He couldn’t believe that just some time ago he came to know from his assistant that his father has fixed his marriage with the daughter of his recent business partner and now his father is saying to him that it is actually tomorrow. Tomorrow is his marriage. He didn’t understand why suddenly this is happening with his life.

DHIRAJ : I have a very important meeting… I am leaving.

ARAV : But dad... Listen…

Mr. Dhiraj Malhotra left the room without listening to his son, leaving his son alone in the room…

In the room his son, Mr. ARAV Malhotra was standing with a shocked and angry expression.

He was fuming in anger and said in his mind “I promise myself whoever my wife would be, I will make her life so miserable that she will leave me within a year.”