[ 066 ] we're not getting away with it

KILLER QUEEN 

chapter sixty-six ; we're not getting away with it
[ season six, episode ten ]

chapter sixty-six ; we're not getting away with it[ season six, episode ten ]

"THIS IS BAIL HEARING 34-CR-4271, the United States vs. co-defendants Walsh, Pratt, and Coleman," judge Vitkay started the bail hearing. "The top charge is the first-degree murder of Asher Millstone."

The assistant United States attorney, Montes, stood. "We ask that the court deny bail for all three defendants due to the extremely violent nature of the killing."

"Evidence?"

"We've identified Mr. Walsh, Ms. Pratt, and Ms. Coleman's fingerprints on the murder weapon. All defendants have a clear motive to silence a federal informant who was providing criminal evidence against them." Montes sat back down.

"Defense counsel for Ms. Pratt, your response?"

Michaela's lawyer stood. "The government's evidence against Ms. Pratt won't survive a probable cause hearing, your honor. The only thing tying her to this crime? Her fingerprints on a fireplace poker my client used as a household item many times before Mr. Millstone's murder."

Bonnie went next, seeing as they were on the table next to Michaela's table. "I want to add that my client lives in the same house as Ms. Pratt, and therefore her fingerprints were already on the fireplace poker."

Connor's attorney was up next. "The FBI denied Mr. Walsh medical assistance after he had a severe panic attack in custody," he explained. "I, therefore, demand Mr. Walsh's immediate transfer to a hospital."

After the attorneys finished, Montes stood, ready to present something else. "The fireplace poker isn't our only evidence. A voicemail Mr. Millstone left a federal agent just hours before he was killed." April glanced over at Connor when Montes mentioned this, and he was already looking at her. He looked worried.

"It shows all the defendants had motive."

Montes played the voicemail. "It's Asher Millstone. The others saw the news and figured out it's me. I just ran out of the house. Please call me back."

April sat there and listened to the voicemail. Something about hearing his voice made her sad. She wasn't even mad at him anymore. She might have felt betrayed, but now she was just sad that he was gone. The fact that she had been up all night might have something to do with that, also. She was exhausted. Her hair wasn't brushed. And she just wanted to go home.

Bonnie stood ready to defend April. "There is no proof these others include my client."

"When Mr. Millstone called the FBI, his phone pinged a cell tower nearest to the house where all three co-defendants live."