Chapter 15 - Dreams

Start bij het begin

"No." observing the informant's complexion, a little color returned to Bai Feng's face but it was not enough to reassure Xiao Tian.

"Come on.. I'm not that fragile.. Just a quick spar would do." insisted the long-haired beauty, already taking his sword with him. The assassin sighed but followed the informant to the courtyard anyway.

Throughout the way, Xiao Mei tried to stop him from sparring with Xiao Tian, worrying that the masked man might take advantage of the situation. But the golden-eyed beauty reassured his underling that he could take care of himself. However, that doesn't stop Xiao Mei from following the young master like a hawk.

Weapon in her hands, ready to strike if the masked man even tries to do anything harmful to Bai Feng.

Once they reached the courtyard, both men took their fighting stance and immediately closed off their distance. The sounds of weapons clashing can soon be heard. Despite Bai Feng's advantage of a longer reach, Xiao Tian didn't struggle to match the informant with his dagger.

Then it was Xiao Tian's turn to push back. He knew that the informant was not in his best condition so he held back his attacks, but Bai Feng immediately noticed.

"If you fight like this, you're mocking me HeiLi.." warned the informant as he made a sudden riposte on Xiao Tian, causing the assassin's dagger to clatter onto the ground.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Early in the morning void of other disciples in the sect, the senior-junior pair started their spar. The clashing of their weapons could be heard clearly, piercing through the serene atmosphere of the training grounds at daybreak.

"Are you not taking me seriously, Shi Di?" The kind senior scolded as he deflected his junior's sword, watching the blade stab into the ground next to him.

"It's not like that Shi Xiong! I just.." The young man with a ponytail was so nervous to be this close to his favorite person that he couldn't focus.

"Pick it up, let's start again."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Xiao Tian shook Bai Feng's shoulder slightly and the informant snapped back into focus.

"You're still not feeling well, are you.. We're going back." Xiao Tian pulled Bai Feng's hand and led him to his room.

"Wait, I'm alright! I was just distracted!" protested the informant but Xiao Tian didn't relent.

Once they had arrived back in Bai Feng's quarters, Xiao Tian took away his companion's sword and told him to rest.

"Your sense of danger.. How can you be distracted when sparring against me out of all people? Do you forget who I am?"

"You could easily kill me anytime, the fact that you haven't means you're not planning to yet for some reason." stated the informant in a matter-of-fact manner, stunning the assassin a little.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

When Bai Feng woke up, it was not even daybreak yet, the sky was dark and the moon was still high in the sky. He remembered that he was reading a book on his bed, must've fallen asleep — thought the informant.

That was when Bai Feng heard a slight groan. Xiao Tian had fallen asleep on the low bench by the window. It doesn't seem like he's having a good dream, judging from the sound he let out just now.