"It's.. nothing." She said, briefly, looking away from (Y/n) and brushing her teeth.

The (h/c) haired girl nodded, but had a feeling she knew what was up. The last time they'd seen each other, they'd tried to kill one another. And Amity seemed to hold a grudge.

When Amity left the bathroom and sat on her bed, (Y/n) followed her. She sat next to her. Amity didn't bother to look at the girl who'd taken a seat next to her.

"I'm sorry about what happened at Eclipse Lake." (Y/n) said as she stared down at the ground. "I can see why you're still on edge around me. And I wouldn't be surprised if you're uncomfortable around Hunter, too. But I can reassure you, now, we're on the same side. We won't hurt you. Or your Human... She's like family to me." (Y/n) told her.

Amity smiled at her, "Thank you, (Y/n). That- that means a lot." She said, letting her guard down a little. "I mean, hey, we got to the human realm, after all, right?"

"We did." (Y/n) said with a smile. "..Does Camila know about you and Luz yet?" She asked, trying to start a new, lighter conversation.

"No. Not yet. Does Lilith know about you and Hunter yet?"

(Y/n)'s face dropped and reddened. "Whaaat? No, we're- we're just friends." She said with a dismissive wave of her hand.

Amity stared at the girl with an unamused face. "Just friends, my ass. I saw that kiss at the portal door."

"Psh, what kiss? Ahahah hah. Ah." She awkwardly laughed as Amity continued to stare at her. "Ugh, it was so embarrassing. It's obvious he doesn't feel the same way, Amity." She said, burying her face into her hands.

Amity felt an odd sense of deja vu wash over her. All she felt she could do was offer (Y/n) a knowing smile.

~~~

(Y/n) couldn't sleep that night. She kept tossing and turning in the bed Camila had set up for her. Dreams of Ellaline and Caleb plagued her mind whenever she tried to close her eyes.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Willow asked sleepily as she stirred from her sleep.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. Did I wake you?" (Y/n) responded with an embarrassed blush tinting her cheeks.

"Only a little. It's fine." Willow said, "What's wrong?"

(Y/n) smiled and sat up in her bed, "Nothing, don't worry about it." She said before leaving their bedroom and walking outside.

She sat on the Noceda's porch and stared at the ground.

"Can't sleep?" A familiar voice asked from behind.

(Y/n) turned around to see Hunter. He was still in his torn clothes from earlier that evening.
Her face tinted red before she turned away. "Yeah, you?" She replied, dryly. Afraid he would ask about the kiss at the portal, she dreaded every second of silence before he spoke.

"Me neither. I.. keep getting woken up by opossums." Hunter lied with a chuckle, taking a seat next to her. He was used to sleepless nights, so tonight didn't bother him. He just wanted to talk to (Y/n).
He wanted to ask her about what she'd said back at the portal door. If she'd really meant it. But he couldn't bring himself to say a word about it. "Do you think we'll ever get back?" Was the only thing he could think to ask.

"I- I don't know, Hunter." She felt relieved when he didn't speak about what happened at the portal, so why was she upset that he didn't bring it up? She thought, laying her head in his lap. Hunter blushed but quickly dismissed it. "None of us even have an idea of how to make a portal. And I just want to make sure that my family is safe." She began to cry.

Hunter hugged her tight and comforted her, "And you will. I promise you, we'll find a way back."

"Thank you, Hunter." She said, looking up at him.

She closed her eyes, finally feeling at peace and began to fall asleep. No more nightmares of Caleb and Ellaline. Just, darkness.

~

The door opened, awaking Luz. Light from the hallway slithered into the room and a silhouette stood in the light.

"Hunter?" Luz whispered with tired eyes, but she could make out that he was holding something. It looked like a girl he was holding? "Is that (Y/n)?" She asked him.

He nodded and walked into the room. He held his partner bridal style before setting her down on her bed. "She fell asleep outside."

"What was she doing outside?" Luz asked as she sat up from her bed.

"She said she couldn't sleep. So we talked for a bit until she passed out. She's exhausted."

"We all are." Luz said, "Aren't you?"

Hunter dragged (Y/n)'s blanket over her body and tucked her in, "I am. But I'm used to it. I never slept well in the Emperor's Coven."

Once Hunter had finished tucking (Y/n) in, Luz got up from her bed and walked the boy back down to the basement, where he and Gus were sleeping. "Well, you're no longer in the coven. You're in my house. And protocol says that you have to get at least 8 hours of sleep." She told him, "So lie down. And close your eyes. Buenas noches, Hunter."

"Huh?.. uh, good- good night, Luz." He said back with difficulty. What had she just said to him? Buenas.. noches? What language was that? He'd certainly never heard it before, in the isles.

~~~~~

They walked into the run down shack. Nails stuck out from broken pieces of wood and the house stunk a certain smell that no one seemed to be able to name.

They looked for a way home, something that could reactivate the portal.
Gus shut and then reopened the front door but, much to his dismay, nothing happened.

Luz looked around, looking for anything that would be able to send them home—anything that resembled the portal. She looked high and low for anything with an almond shaped eye with a slit in the middle.
But she found nothing.

The door eye reminded Luz of Bill Cipher, so maybe he had something to do with it. But she'd have to wait until the crossover chapter to figure that out.

She felt hopeless, to say the least. Would she find a way back? Would she be able to send her friends back to their families?

Would she be able to see King and Eda again?

"Hey, don't worry. We will find a way home." (Y/n) told Luz as she noticed the girl get teary eyed.

Luz smiled sadly at her cousin. "Yeah. We will."

(A/n): I've decided to keep Caleb's wife's name as Ellaline since it's unique to my story.

(And also bcuz if I change her name, the comments on those paragraphs will disappear and I rly like ur guys' comments)

<3