1

It was raining heavily and sounds of footsteps could be heard leaving with the sound of sobbing and crying following them. However, one boy didn't move, he just stood and stared at the grave in front of him with no expression. His eyes were dead with no light in them. It was rare to see a child like this. He doesn't know how long he's been standing there, but still remains in place.

What's next? What's there for him now? Where should he go? What's his purpose?

Questions flooded his mind but gave them little to no thought.

Footsteps were heard approaching him, but he didn't bother to turn around.

If they wanted to kill him then so be it.

Feeling the warmth of someone's hand on his shoulder and the pouring rain stop, he takes his eyes away from the grave and glances at the unknown individual who had approached him with an umbrella in their hand.

The boy immediately analysed the person in front of him, identifying him as a trained male. The body movements, the look in the man's eye and his shoelaces that've been tied in the way of the army.

(You'd think a kid wouldn't know this, but he does.)

But the boy didn't care. He simply looked back at the grave.

The both of them hadn't said anything for who knows how long till the man spoke up.

"I want to adopt you... No, it would be better to say I want to turn you into a soldier... an assassin. I want you to work for me."

Turning his head and looking the man in the eye, he asks; "Why me?"

"...It's said on your file you're a prodigy. You've adapted to many situations and chose the best outcome possible. When you focus on something, you evaluate them down to the dot. You have an eye for detail and most of all...You killed someone without hesitation."

The boy simply stayed quiet and stared at his right hand. It wasn't shaking, it was perfectly calm, as if what he did was natural.

"Fine."

Y/N opened his eyes as he felt his body jump slightly. Looking around he finds himself in a bus and immediately remembers where he is. Feeling something weighing down his left shoulder, he looks to see a light skinned girl with brown hair flowing down her back. He could hear her steady breathing as she slept.

His body jumps again because of the bus and he accidentally nudges the girl on his left. Her eyes fluttered open as she let out a tiny yawn and looked around. Meeting his eyes, she tilted her head a little before it widened slightly.

"Sorry for sleeping on your shoulder."

"Don't worry, it's not that big of a deal."

The girl just nodded in response before looking around the bus, then staring out the window. The boy she was previously sleeping on couldn't help but notice the tiny spark that appeared in her eyes when she gazed at the scenery outside.