ʜᴀɴᴀʜᴀᴋɪ ᴅɪsᴇᴀsᴇ - ꜰᴜʙᴜᴋɪ ᴀᴛsᴜʏᴀ

Start from the beginning

"But she doesn't love you, you admitted it yourself." Shirou said calmly. "I don't want you to die, Atsuya. Y/n doesn't want you to die either. Just get the surgery."

"You don't get it.." 

"What do you mean?"

"You don't understand how much i like her, I can't just let some stupid surgery take away my feelings for her! That's dumb! I- I mean if you were in my position you'd understand how I feel!" Atsuya argued. He then began to cough once again. Shirou slowly pat his back and rubbed his back in circles.

The next day, Atsuya arrived at Y/n's house with a bag full of snacks. He entered the house and took off his shoes before greeting her parents and heading to her room. He could see the door slightly opened and decided to walk in. He could hear sobbing noises and realised Y/n was crying into her pillow. He dropped everything in his hands and ran over to her.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" He asked, sitting beside her in the bed and trying to get a good look at her face, she looked up at him with a very furious look. She raised her hand and smacked him right across the face. He was stunned for a moment. Atsuya lifted up his hand slowly and touched his face. His cheek had a red mark on it. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She screamed. Y/n grabbed the collar of his shirt and began to smack his arms out of anger. Atsuya began to panic.

"What do you mean, what happened?—"

"Why didn't you tell me you had the hanahaki disease?" She stopped hitting him and let go of him. She began to cry even harder. Atsuya's jaw dropped slightly and his eyes widened.

"Where did you hear that from?" He asked nervously.

"Your brother! He was the one who told me you liked me and you had the disease!"

"Oh my.." Atsuya grunted and stood up from the bed. His fists were clenched and he was pissed.

"Why can't you get the surgery?" Y/n asked quietly. "Why can't you just accept the fact that I don't like you.." His eyes softened and he looked over at her. Her eyes were red and puffy and the pillow behind her had tear marks on it.

"If I get surgery, I'll loose feelings for you." Atsuya said. "I don't want that." 

"Please, Atsuya. Just get the surgery.." Y/n's voice cracked as spoke. Atsuya felt the unbearable pain is his chest again and placed a hand on his chest, gripping into the piece of fabric above it,

"N-no.." He said, barely able to speak anymore. He began to cough and flower petals fell out of his mouth. Y/n watched in shock. This caused her to cry even more. 

"It's killing you Atsuya! Just get the fucking surgery!" She screamed once again. She sniffled and wiped the tears in her eyes. "It's like you're indirectly committing suicide!"

"Y/n calm do—" more petals fell out of his mouth and he dropped to his knees, holding onto the the edge of bed. Y/n jumped out of bed and crouched beside him, holding onto his shoulders and patting his back. She helped him stand up and went into the bathroom where he continually threw up. Y/n watched silently as a few tears streamed down her face. She was constantly thinking it was all her fault. If she hadn't been so dense, none of this would've happened.

"Is there any other way you can cure the disease?" Y/n asked quietly. Atsuya lifted his head up and looked at Y/n. 

"Love." 

"Hm?"

"Love can cure it. If you fall inlove with me this will all stop." Atsuya stated. The girl's eyes widened and she smiled.

"Great, I think I can make this work—"

"Shut up."

"What?"

"There's no point in trying to save me, my lungs are already infected, meaning I'm going to die wether you like it or not . I'd rather die being inlove with you than being alive and not liking you at all. Plus, if you tried to fall inlove with me, it wouldn't work. It's romantic love, you'll actually have to like me." Atsuya explained. The salmon haired boy looked back down at the petals sitting in the water. He knew he didn't have much time left with her, he was going to die today. He stood up and walked over to her. Y/n's eyes were still red and puffy. The tear stains on her cheek had dried up and she had a frown on her face. He held his arms out and she raised an eyebrow. "One last hug?" Y/n smiled and embraced him with a huge hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She began to cry even more into his neck and mumbled a few sweet words to him. Y/n felt his body go limp and began to panic. She couldn't hear his heart beat anymore and his breathing stopped. She pulled away and held onto his shoulders, only to notice he fell right back into her arms, his head facing down and showing no sign of consciousness.

"Atsuya? Atsuya, what the fuck!" Y/n yelled, punching his cheek to see if he would wake up. He didn't even flinch. "This isn't funny.." Y/n had to accept the fact that he was unconscious and ran downstairs to get her parents. He was then later taken to hospital and the doctors tried everything they could to save him. They even tried to remove the flowers growing inside his lungs, but they had already infected the lungs so badly that they weren't able to remove them. Soon enough, he was announced dead. Obviously, no one took this news well. Everything had happened so fast, Y/n couldn't even believe it anymore. She and Shirou began to hang out a long more often and talked about things Atsuya would do. Shirou gave her a box of things that Atsuya wanted to give her, but didn't want to make himself look like a 'soft boy' and just threw them away into a box to give her one day when they would get 'married'. Even after so many years of his death, Y/n still hasn't gotten over it. 

The girl sat down by his grave and placed an orange zinnia flower on it. She pulled her knees to her chest and took in a deep breath,

"I've got you a zinnia flower, and orange one to be specific. It sort of reminds me of your hair. I know it's been five years since you've died, but I can't move on from it. The memory of you dying in my arms still plays back in my head. You know it hurt me so bad seeing you like that. Usually, you're always on guard, but that day was so different, I just wish I had spent more time with you." Y/n said. She continued to talk about her day to him, until to was time to leave. 

———————————————

Omg I actually just realised whenever I say I'm gonna probably write up a requested one shot it two weeks I usually do it the same day it gets requested or the next day 😭😭