"These guys," She started, "asked me if I knew Azula and i said of course she's my best friend and now they're asking me a million questions about her and zuko!" She said putting her face in her hands.

"Sounds pretty bad." I responded, patting her on the shoulder. I looked over to Azula and now she was surrounded by a crowd of people. They were offering her items, food and other random stuff, which she grabbed and threw to the ground.

I angrily walked over to where she was and started to shout. "Hey! Give the princess her space!"

"Calm down A/N. They're just showing respect for their princess. You know what? I think you should join them." She said, and pushed me down, making me be at her

"You know, you should try to blend in. Act like you're from the fire nation." Ty Lee whispered to me. "Wait, are you?"

I didn't answer her question and rose to my feet. I dusted the sand from my pants and looked Azula in her eyes.

She stopped and looked back. This time, she didn't seem shocked. Just like she's seen this look a million times before.

And she has. She just doesn't know.

"Well we should be going anyway. I want real food." She said, referring to the low class dishes that were offered to her.

Ty Lee stood up and joined us. Then we began to walk back to the residence.

"You know I haven't walked this much in years." Azula said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Where I come from, we walk very often." I said.

"Of course you do. You aren't royalty."

I smiled. "Yeah. Not royalty."

"I would like to take a ride in one of those things that you're carried in Azula!" Ty Lee said. "It looks fun!"

"You and the commoner have something in common."

"Hey." Ty Lee said slightly offended. "What is it?"

"You both get excited over the simplest of things."

"Hmf." Ty Lee made a noise and crossed her arms.

-end of flashback-

their things were packed for them very quickly, since it wasn't much for the short few days.

"Do you not have any clothes?" Mai said with a drag.

"Well I have the ones I'm wearing. I have more where I'm from, but I didn't bring any."

"Why would you not do that? Going on a journey, or whatever you've been doing unprepared?" Zuko said, still suspicious of me.

"Like I said, it's a very long story. I'll explain all the bits of it to the princess in the mainland of the fire nation."

"So you're waiting to get to the fire nation to tell her. Why?"

"Because we'll be in a protected area where there will be no possibility of eavesdroppers."

"This place is secure enough already! Why don't you just tell us now! And why only tell her!?" Zuko yelled.

"Ugh. Zuko, do you have to yell?" Mai said, covering her ears.

"Mai and the peasant are right Zuko." Azula said, appearing suddenly. "It's logic to discuss war things in the mainland." She looked sharply at Zuko to imply he was lacking logic.

"And A/N will only tell me because I ordered her too. I'll tell you what you need to know after."

"But why?"

"Because. I can tell the truth from a lie better than you can. It's only right for me to do it. Now, enough. Let's board the boat." Azula said before walking out.

I glanced at Mai and Ty Lee. I did the same to Zuko, who was doing the same to me.

I followed behind the rest of them, with Zuko trailing behind me, staring at my back.

...

The ride was a bit shaky, and while that was normal for the rest of them, for me whose never been on a boat, was feeling sick.

"I think I'm going to throw up." I said, my head dangling off the edge.

"Pathetic. This is nothing." Zuko said crossing his arms.

"You've never been on water, either?" Azula said. "Your life has been quite dull I imagine."

"She's not missing out on anything." Mai said.

There was a silence for a moment. "So. How did you know Chan if you've never been in the fire nation?" Zuko asked.

You turned your spinning head around and saw them all staring at you. "Oh you beat me to the question Zuko, I was going to wait until we were back home."

"I've just...heard things."

"It's more than that." Azula said, her tone filled with something dangerous.

"Yea it is." You sunk down. "He and some of his friends visited my village a few summers ago. They were terrible. When I saw he was the same bastard he was then, I knew this was my chance to do something." I lied.

Kind of.

2 years ago when watching atla for the first time, Chan/Chen in the beach episode made my blood boil. So I do have hatred against him, his friends aren't better.

"Yeah he's a real douchebag. Can't believe Azula even liked him." Mai said.

Azula's face tightened. "Don't say that Mai!" Ty Lee scolded her. "I'm just saying. We all agree."

"She's right." Zuko said. "I thought the princess of the fire nation would have higher standards."

"Oh please Zuko, when Mai is the biggest downer I've ever met. She couldn't say something positive to save her life." Azula said back.

"Well she matches my energy!" Zuko yelled.

"She's right Zuko, but she's still friends with me."

"Yeah that's true." Ty Lee added on. "But your standards are almost non existent. Any boy needs to give you attention and that's all." Mai said to Ty Lee.

"That isn't true! I want a guy whose artsy and open minded, and not afraid to have fun. Giving me attention isn't the only thing."

There was more silence for a few minutes.

"What about you A/N? What type of person do you want?" Ty Lee asked me. Once again, everyone's eyes were on me.

"Uhh well i.." I started to think about the characteristics that describe Azula.

"I want someone whose very smart and powerful." I said. "Someone who can protect me and not be an idiot."

Ty Lee laughed. "Someone whose quick witted. "Also rich!"

Azula grinned. "Classic peasant."

"Not just money though. Someone who is strong, but has a soft side to them."

"And that's all you'll settle for?" Ty Lee asked.

I looked down and thought about Azula. "Yeah. No one else."

"Good luck with that." Mai said.

"Well in the fire nation mainland near the palace, there are alot of nobles! I think if you try hard enough, you'll find what you'll looking for!" Ty Lee said with enthusiasm.

Azula scoffed. "Oh please, why would a noble person of the fire nation be with a scummy commoner who is from an enemy kingdom? No one who honors their status would do such a thing to bring it down. That would get rid of it actually."

"Well Azula, you never know. Love is very mysterious and can be found in the most unexpected places between the most unexpected people! Opposites attract."

"Whatever." Azula said. "We're almost there."

I stared at her shoes, because if I were to look at her back I'd be too suspicious.

Ty Lee is right. They sure do.