Chapter Thirty-Four

As the luminescence of the moon shines down onto us both, I feel the sweetness of the sand under my feet. The beach is extraordinary at this time of night.

A sweet but cold breeze seeps through my curls as I gaze out into the ocean. So much life seeps down below, so many creatures with lives of their own.

Holding Austin's hand as he walks on beside me, I look over to him. I take in his beauty as he captures natures beauty. But all I could see is just him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asks.

I only stare at him, because he's quite beautiful himself. "Yeah, it is," I smile.

His eyes lock onto mine. "Hey, you're not even looking at the sunset," he says.

"I know," the simple words fall from my lips. "I'm looking at something much more beautiful," I say as I cringe at my words but I meant every single word.

"Aw. You just know what to say to a man," he sarcastically chuckles before locking his arms around my waist. "But I appreciate it, darling. The only beautiful one here is you," he whispers.

Bopping my nose, his arms wrap around me and holds me close. His head rests onto mine as I rest it on his chest. I take in the moment to just absorb it all.

"A boy and a girl. I guess we both won that bet, baby," he whispers.

I nod but I don't say anything. I wanted to soak in this wonderful moment. I wanted to take a moment to appreciate the closeness of him with me.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you."

The melody and voice of Elvis seeps into both of our ears. This grabs our attention as we turn to see a wedding.

With a dance floor and tables in a white tent, it remains open as it gazes at the magical yellow and orange sunset. The bride and groom sway for their first dance to 'Can't help falling in love'.

Taking my hand, Austin captures my attention with his small gesture. I stare, mesmerised by his gaze as he holds me close as I realise he wants to slow dance.

Feeling my heart pound in my ears, I wrap my hands around his neck as I sway gently to Elvis' sweet voice. I truly felt high on love as he sweeps me off my feet with his trance.

"You know...this is our first dance as a family," Austin whispers.

With a small smile edging onto my lips, I truly take in the moment. The four of us dancing to Elvis, the one who truly bonded us for life with his charm.

"I'm glad it's with you," the words stumble from my lips. I felt truly sentimental and emotional today. "I'm glad I get to share these moments with you," I continue on as I smile lightly.

"You mean that?" He smiles gently.

Nodding, I allow my head to rest against his chest. I truly felt high on his love. I wanted to absorb this moment right here, where everything is so perfect.

Heart clenching, throat closing, a soft cry escapes my lips so randomly. Even a tear slips down my right eye which seems so random but so right at this time. I don't know but everything seems to hit me like a waterfall, drowning.

With the past few weeks of shooting scenes, the press tour, the baby, Austin, the coma, and now this moment, I felt truly overwhelmed. I didn't have a moment to just absorb my feelings.

"Hey, what's wrong, baby?" He asks.

Pulling away from me, his hands remain attached to my shoulders as he gazes deeply into my eyes. "Oh, it's nothing," I shake my head as I turn away from him.

"No, I heard you. Tell me what's up," he asks once again as he dries the tear.

I didn't know if I wanted to. I know we're a team but I wasn't sure. I felt like this stuff was meant for me to figure out. But what was the point of him beside me then? Isn't he supposed to help me?

"I–" I try before I turn away and walk down to the ocean. However, he remains light on my trail behind me. "It's just that. I don't know actually. I think it's these hormones starting to act up," I say.

Falling down, I sit down onto the sand. He also takes a seat beside me and places a hand onto my left thigh. Comfort radiates off him as I take in the moment of staring at the sunset.

"I'm feeling overwhelmed. With the baby, what happened with the coma and accident, the press tour and shooting. It's taking its toll, I guess and I know it shouldn't–" I try but I'm cut off.

"No," he simply states. I stare at him as he rubs his thumb on my thigh. "It's okay. You're simply human, baby. Every person, even if you're the most important human, feels that. That's apart of being a human so thank you for telling me that. Makes me feel not so alone too," he says with a smile.

"Wait, you also feel that?" I ask with light wide eyes and a tilt of my head.

He nods. "Trust me, I always feel like that. I just never had anyone to actually tell. So, I learnt how to do it on my own, to deal with my emotions the hard way," he shrugs slightly as he glances away before turning his attention to me again.

"So, I'm not alone with this?" I ask again.

"No, you're not," he says. His hand envelopes around mine. "I just think that we're a team, and teams work together. Let's promise eachother right now that we're never gonna deal with this alone. That whatever happens, with ourselves and with the babies, we're there together," he says with desperation.

I nod because I wanted that too. "I promise you. Because I sure can't deal with this alone right now. With dad...well, you know and mum not being there, it's sorta tough out there, with the paps and all this stuff happening," I shrug casually as I squeeze his hand.

And for once in my life, I finally didn't feel so alone in this cruel world.

《》

It's my birthday!!