"I...it's okay." He shrugged, "T...t...that's just how B...Brandon is."

"Brandon is just silly." I thought back on the interaction. "I really do like your stutter, it's cool."

He laughed, "you wouldn't w...want it, though!"

I giggled, "maybe not."

"B...but I am g...going to s...speech therapy. I...I think I'm getting a l...little better."

I nodded, "my sister had a stutter too, but hers got better as she got a little older."

He smiled, "t...that's a good sign!"

-
March 2009

"So you really have to move away? I just got here a year ago, and now you're leaving! I don't want to have to make new friends." I frowned.

"Yeah, I don't t..think it's r...really up to me." He looked down. "I'll...I'll miss you, yn." He looked up at me.

"I'll miss you SO MUCH JOSH! You're my best friend." I replied.

"I'll c...come back to visit! D...don't worry!" He smiled, giving me a hug.

I hugged him back, "Bye Josh."

"Bye yn." He smiled.

-

April 2023

I was out on a run, when I ran past Starbucks. I could use a mint Frappuccino. I backtracked, and headed into Starbucks.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks! What can I get you?" The barista looked up, but he saw me already staring. He took a deep breath, "y/n?"

I smiled, and wrapped my arms around his neck across the counter

I smiled, and wrapped my arms around his neck across the counter. The other customers were probably so confused, but I didn't care. I was already teary-eyed. I wiped the couple of tears that escaped, and I giggled, "I see the stutter is gone."

He chuckled, "yeah."

I smiled, "your voice is nice."

He laughed a little, "so is yours...oh wait. Let me take a break, we should catch up. I guess we're holding up the line," he laughed.

He threw his apron to another guy, "Micheal, cover for me."

They side-fist-bumped and Micheal nodded, "anything for you, JB."

I giggled a little, and he asked, "so what can I get you, y/n/n?"

I grinned at the nickname, which no one has called me since Josh. "Mint Frappuccino please."

"Perfect." He motioned for me to go behind the counter with him. I went to where he was standing, and he gave me another hug. He showed me how to make a mint frappuccino.

"Wow, you're like a professional at this." I smiled up at him. "And you've gotten tall. I used to be taller than you." I giggled.

"I am twenty-two instead of seven now." He laughed.

I sucked in my breath, "I noticed."

He smirked, "hm? You noticed, how hot I've gotten?"

I smacked his arm, "shut up." He laughed at my reaction, and grabbed his drink. I grabbed mine, and we walked over to a table.

"So, besides, falling in love with your childhood best friend, what's up with you?" He grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "pfft." I smiled. He's gotten so...effortless. "I've been going to UCLA for a degree in education." I scoffed, "guess Mrs. Martin really changed my life."

"Cause she put you next to me." He winked, subtly.

"Okay, okay, tone it down a little." I giggled, sipping my coffee.

"Tell me more." He smiled.

"I babysit a lot, and run. That's about it, though. I was just going for a run, that's why I'm all gross."

He laughed, "you are not gross. You should see me after I work out. I'm a sweaty messss." He paused for a moment, "so, uh...you have a boyfriend?"

I laughed a little, "I do not. How about you?"

"A boyfriend? Nah." He smirked.

"Girlfriend?" I asked.

"I don't have a girlfriend." He smiled. "So, you don't have to worry."

I laughed, "so what's up with you, Joshy? Besides, not having a girlfriend or boyfriend."

He grinned, "I'm trying to get started up with acting and singing, but it's currently not working super well. As you can probably tell, as I am working at Starbucks, but I'm trying."

I smiled, "you can sing?? I need to hear this Josh."

"I'll show you at some point." He softly smiled.

Micheal shouted out to Josh, "Josh! Breaks times up! Say goodbye to your girlfriend!"

"Girlfriend?" I laughed.

"Give the people what they want." He smirked, kissing my cheek. "Come visit me tomorrow, we'll find a day to hang out at my place."

I nodded and waved. "See you later."

"Bye."

a/n: i'm BACK bb