"I can't imagine how boring your life was without me!" We both laugh and then as soon as it starts it ends when a certain red head comes up to me.

"Hey Clare!"

"Hey,Chloe come here I need to talk to you"

I furrow my brows then look at clary then to izzy, "I guess I'll be back" as clary drags me to her room.
________

"Why did you want me?"

"To talk about your stupidity"

"What are you talking about, did I do something?" I know I am dumb but am I that dumb to where I didn't notice I did something?

"Yes! You gave our only shot of getting our memories back away like some charity!" She starts to raise her voice with every sentence that comes out of her mouth.

"Clary calm down you don't need to raise your voice" I'm trying to keep my cool for as long as I can before this carrot head makes me loose it.

" The hell i don't need to raise my voice, you were selfish back there"

"Ok look I have tried to keep my cool but I can't anymore, Alec could have died,So I said 'fuck the memories' because his life was on the line for something that would have been my fault had I not helped out, and atleast I didn't go down due to just one tiny sweep to the floor! but I got my ass back up and actually saved a life instead of saying 'sorry alec these memories are just way too important for me to loose so let's just have you and everyone else die for my own selfishness!' "

"That's the difference between you and me,chloe! You dont care about waking mom up or getting our memories back! All you care about are your little friends and that warlock we just met!"

"No, the deference between me and you clary is that I don't just go up to someone and say 'can you get our memories back' and then just use them whenever you need them. And magnus isn't just a warlock 'we just me' he may be that to you,but to me he is the brother I never had. And unlike you I don't just care about him only when I need him. I don't use him. That's the difference between you and me,clary."

And quite litterly out of nowhere clary straight up punches me straight in the face. (Like seriously,who does that)

It must have just hit clary on what she did because now she is apologizing and saying "I didn't mean to" over and over again.

" I am so sorry Chloe I didn't-"

"Shut up. Just shut up." And without waiting for a response I leave her room then leave the institute and head to the park for a breather.
___________

As I'm sitting on a random bench at the park i just have the words of what clary said on repeat.And that punch, do I look like your personal punching bag?

Out of pure anger I accidentally bend my steel into a V shape. "Whoops, now I gotta get a new steel"

All I feel for clary right now is pure hatred. She had no right to even start on how I was "selfish" when she is the one who is selfish all the time.

"oh my god! why the hell is my head hurting this bad" i say as I clutch my head. My vision is getting more blurry as time passes and my breathing starts to become more uneven.I start to loose consciousness from all the pain and soon slip into unconscious.
____________

"Nice to see you,daughter" I'm looking around and it looks like we are on some ship.

"Valentine" my voice is laced with so much hatred you wouldn't even know it's me.

"I have a proposal to make,which I don't do often-and you would be pretty dumb to decline it"

"How about this, I won't harm your friends if you come with me"  did I hear that correctly? Because he must be high to think that I would EVER come with him.

"Yeah, not going to happen"

"You will join me sooner or later,it's destined. Oh and you might want to get that steel fixed"

"How do you-"

"How do I know about that? Let me tell you, I have eyes and ears everywhere.litterly"

"Oh!And if you do decide to take me back up on my offer, meet at the park, preferably at dark" he gives me that sinister grin that always gives me the chills. And with that stupid wave that he always does.
________
And with a gasp I wake up on that same bench.

"I don't have time for this" I decide that I needed to head back to the institute so I do just that.
________

I get back to the institute with the thought of joining valentine still on my mind. If it's to save my friends and the people I care about that's a valid reason.right? But if I do then god only knows what can and will happen.

I See alec and clary talking in the training room so I decide to do the only logical thing one would do. Eavesdrop. I Walk over to the wall closest to the door and activate my enhanced hearing rune and my soundless rune because I can't be quite to save my life nor can I hear either.

"Yeah well she probably left to get some air because of you!" And this already sounds like an argument.

"It's not my fault, she just needs to learn not everything needs to be taken to heart!"

" how do you not expect your own sister to not take something to heart when you say  'You dont care about waking mom up or getting our memories back' she cares about waking her mom up and she cared about getting the memories but when push comes to shove she did what was right."

Is alec actually defending me? And this proves that he just gets hotter and hotter each day.

I snap out of my thoughts and I start to hear foot steps coming my way so I quickly run down the opposite hall and go to my room and quietly shut the door.

Now it's just me with my thoughts. As it gets darker outside I decide to get out a mini canvas with some paint and start to paint a memory. I really have no idea what I'm doing but my hand is just moving along the canvas so I just trust the process.

It's been I would say about an hour of me painting and when I finally clean my brushes,palate,and put everything else away it's then that I finally see what the picture is. Me and Alec together, in the kitchen.
___________
Flashback

I Walk into the kitchen and see that Alec is also there, looks like he is getting a drink.

And then of course when your like me and can't reach anything your first instinct is to just climb on the counter and get it. But I acted against that seeing as I'm not at home.

I guess Alec sees me struggling so he comes over and gets the whipped cream out for me but not before he puts some in his mouth first.

"Hey,Alec!" I reach up trying to snatch the bottle but he just holds it up higher

"Must suck not being tall" he laughs, and man is it a hot one too.

I then manage to get it and I then put some in my mouth

"Ha! See, I finally got it!"

After that we both look into eachothers eyes until we start to lean closer. And here I'm hoping I atleast get to kiss him.

our lips are about to connect when izzy just walks in and ruins the moment.

We then separate hoping izzy didn't see as she will never forget that she saw this. Like ever.

I clear my throat and put the whipped cream on a lower shelf that I can reach then great izzy

"Hey iz, what are you doing?"

Alec must have walked out seeing as he is nowhere in this room.

"I could ask you that same thing" she replies with a smirk"

" hey,You ruined the moment!" I say in a bused tone so none car hear me.

"Don't worry it will happen again" she smiles and I walk out of the kitchen after that
_______

I then put the canvas up in the corner of my room and I change into my pj's and go to sleep while thinking.

I'm in love with Alec lightwood.