Chapter 1

"Ouch" Lauren winced as her head collided with the coach window she was previously sleeping peacefully against. She sat up slowly holding her head in one hand and rubbing her eyes with the other trying to focus on her new surroundings.

"Right then folks, we're here" a loud male voice announced through the coaches speaker system. "Hold on tight, the roads a bit bumpy" he continued in an amused tone.

"Yeah, no shit sherlock" Lauren mumbled to herself still holding the side of her head. As the coach came to a stop in a large car park Lauren gathered her phone, iPod, books and now empty Cold Stone Creamery container from the vacant seat beside her and stuffed them all into her back pack that was now in her lap. She then reached down and retrieved her black worn boots that had slid under the seat in front of her and pulled them back onto her feet.

She was sat closer to the front than anyone else as all the other seats were taken when she got on the coach in Vegas. However, Because of this she was able to get off first which she loved as she didn't have to be stuck behind anyone else faffing with their belongings.

She stepped out of the bus into the bustling car park which was filled with other coaches and cars. There were children hugging their parents tightly whilst saying their final goodbyes before dragging their suitcases over to a clearing in the trees circled by log benches.

"Hey everyone!" A rather small girl with a clip board welcomed as she walked towards Lauren and the other people exiting the coach. "I'm Ally and I'll be in charge of all of the councillors at Camp Takota this year"

"Hello" Lauren exclaimed along with the rest of the group she was stood with.

"When you've got all your stuff together, head over to the office and sign in and they will give you your welcome pack which will contain your cabin number, the list of children that will be in your care and most importantly your t-shirt" ally explained. "I hope you all have a great time this summer, and if you have any questions just come and ask! I'll see you all later for dinner at 6pm in the cafeteria" she continued as she turned away to go and great another coach that had just pulled up.

Lauren pulled her phone out of her back pack and checked the time. It was only 2:30pm so she had plenty of time to get settled in. She sighed at the fact that her service bar read 'no signal' As she slid her phone into the back pocket of her jeans. She set her back pack down by her feet and then flipped her hair over in front of her trying to tame it into some sort of pony tail.

"Cool tattoo" a voice exclaimed.

"Thanks" Lauren said as she stood up tightening her bobble. Her eyes were met with that of a slightly taller girl, with deep brown eyes and a friendly smile.

"Hey, I'm Dinah by the way, nice to meet you" the girl said outstretching her hand towards Lauren's.

"Hey Dinah by the way" Lauren smirked, "I'm Lauren" she continued as she shook the girls hand.

"I like you already" dinah chuckled as she released the girls hand. "Which cabin are you in?" she questioned.

"I'm not sure yet, I need to go and check in" Lauren replied motioning her hands towards the office.

"Oh okay, well it was nice to meet you. I'm in cabin 12b just so you know!" she explained "I'll let you get sorted and I'll catch you later."

"Okay thanks, you too" Lauren said as she waved at the girl walking away from her.

She picked up her back pack, swinging it over her shoulder as she turned back to face the coach. After collecting her suitcase that the driver had just retrieved out of the buses underfloor compartment, she pulled up the handle and began to drag it towards the office. Once inside she headed straight to the counter where a small man was sat.