Eddy thought back to last Monday, the day he was mentally drained due to so many things that happened. He did remember the rude guys and Asher telling him about Brett's encounter at the bookstore. And now that he thought about it, Brett did told him the reason he went to the bookstore after all that. The dots were getting connected in his mind in brief moments.

"She's the girl there?"

"Yeah."

"Oh." Thoughts are swirling in his mind. "So... Did you know she's coming to the Con then?"

"Actually," Brett paused a little. "I met her on the first day of O-Week. And she's like, 'hi I'm the girl from the bookstore', that's kinda when I remember she told me she's attending the Con after summer."

"Ah~" So why is she with you guys today? Eddy thought. That's still not answered... Is Brett dodging the question or did he just get off the rail?

He pondered for a moment and asked again. "Why is she with you guys today?"

"Well..." Eddy can't decipher Brett's tone to tell whether he's making things up or lying, or just hiding something, he's too good at it. He kind of want to see his face right now, that'd help. "We met her on our way out, and just walked the rest together."

Is Brett interested in her? The thought suddenly crossed Eddy's mind. That's why he's asking whether I know her? To maybe introduce or be the wingman? But...

"We probably won't have the same classes though, since she's a first year."

"Yeah, don't think so." Weird, Brett didn't sound disappointed.

Now that Eddy thought about it, did Brett put on Debussy on purpose? Because I said I might fall asleep? He knew Brett knew his sleeping habits, but he didn't think Brett would do such a gesture he considered quite sweet to him.

As he thinks, their conversation is pressed to pause due to the climax of that particular Debussy piece Brett put on. In hindsight, it was a great choice.

"She's very excited when talking about you, you know." After the music died down, Brett spoke up again.

"Huh?" Eddy's a bit annoyed, first of all, why talking about this girl still? Second, are you making sure I'm not interested in her so that you can get her or something? He sat up to face Brett.

Brett also sat up and cocked his head, either didn't realised his annoyance or just really wanting to talk about this. "Is she not excited when talking to you?"

"I mean, she was, but it's just about anime." Eddy was more than annoyed now but still answered.

"You sure? 'Cause the last two times I've talked with her, she never looked this animated."

That's it. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm going to sleep, good night." Eddy stood up before he finished his sentence and left, unmindful of the other's confused and slightly hurt face.

§§