Chapter Forty Six

Start from the beginning

"I saw your little droid zoom through here earlier towards the hangar, I'm sure your ship will be ready by now. Best you get out of here and find your lover boy." She sighed knowing it could be the last time she would ever see her life long friend.

"How do you-?" Oriel asked referring to the last sentence.

"It was pretty obvious." Averil smiled a sad smile and then jerked her head towards the hallway leading to the hangar. "Now go, I'll cover you."

Oriel started running in that direction but turned back one last time. "Thankyou." She breathed towards Averil. "For understanding."

Then she ran off again, not waiting for a response. She made it half way down the hallway before a squad of clones came marching in front of her, blocking her path, but that's not the reason she stopped dead in her path, it was the all to familiar armour that made her halt.

"Rooster."

The group of five clones stopped as well and they got into their ready position to fire, their guns pointed right at her.

"Don't do this Rooster. Please." She begged as she tried to see past the tinted glass on his helmet, but she failed to even sense the presence of her Captain.

"Blast her." Rooster ordered without hesitation.

Oriel clamped her eyes shut, tears stinging her eyes as she awaited death and she heard it coming. The sound of their guns firing run through her ears and then, after four shots, there was no more.

"Master! Master!" A young voice yelled to her and soon she realised that there was no pain in her chest, or any other part of her body for that matter.

She was completely untouched.

Oriel opened her eyes and four clone troopers, including Rooster, were lying on the ground motionless.

"Oriel its me. Come on, we've got to get him out of here." Someone was shaking her shoulders, and she slowly looked to her saviour and it was none other than her old padawan.

Her son.

"Boba?" Her voice cracked as she cupped his cheek.

"There's no time. I only stunned him, help me drag him." Boba rushed away from Oriel, and to Rooster.

"What's going on? How did you get here? What are you doing here?" Oriel asked as she did as she was told, grabbing a hole of Roosters right arm, Boba grabbing the left, and they started to drag him out of the way.

"This . . . This is happening everywhere. Every clone trooper. The entire Grand Army of the Republic." Boba began and Oriel noticed he was disguised, wearing clone armour.

"Ahsoka and I were attacked hours ago by the 501st, we were able to save Rex, but other than that . . ." He trailed off but Oriel just gave him the look to continue.

"Anyways, I figured you would have it real bad, being at the heart of the Republic and well, the Jedi and the Temple being the main target so I presumed you could use the extra hand." Boba finished and they dragged the Captain into one of the surgery rooms.

"Thankyou Boba, that means a lot to me. But what are we doing with him? He'll attack us the moment he wakes up." She motioned to Rooster.

"Its not his fault. An old clone trooper, goes by the name of Fives, he made a discovery that could've put a stop to all of this, but we were too blinded to see it through." Boba used the force to lift Rooster onto the bed and took off his helmet before getting some equipment ready.

"He found out that every single clone has something embedded into their brain called an inhibitor chip. Its controlling all of the clones with a single order. All we need to do is remove the chip and boom he's back to his normal self. We did the same to Rex." Boba finished and pushed a button on a control panel which started some equipment and got to work on removing his so called 'inhibitor chip'.