Chapter Six

"Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

❆ ❆ ❆

The three Jedi were swinging their lightsabers around, taking down droids left and right. They slowly made their way to the hanger where Oriel had gotten her most recent injury.

"Ani. Find cover." Oriel yelled to Anakin as they were greeted by another wave of battle droids but they were still no match for three Jedi.

"Quick, get to your ships." Padme yelled to the pilots and they scrammed to find their ships. Anakin also took refuge in the cockpit of an empty fighter.

Once they cleared the hangar of droids, they were on their way.

"Hey wait for me!" Ani called, standing from his hiding spot.

"No, stay in that cockpit." Oriel instructed. "But I –" Anakin protested. "Do as I say, do not move from that cockpit until I come back." Oriel instructed once more.

For some reason, Oriel felt obliged to take care for Ani. Her mind was brought back to the battle when she sensed that dangerous feeling again, overwhelming her.

"Master Qui-Gon." Oriel said getting her temporary master's attention. "I sense danger again. Really bad danger . . . Like the Sith." Qui-Gon nodded his head in agreement, he felt it too this time.

When they got to the entrance from the hanger the doors slid open to reveal their attacker from Tatooine. Oriel shuddered as she stared into the yellow eyes of the Sith.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Oriel stated, fear coursing through her veins.

"Its okay young one." Qui-Gon reassured. "Obi-Wan and I have this covered. You go and protect Queen Amidala with your life, understood." He asked.

Oriel nodded. "May the force be with you." She whispered to Obi-Wan as the group of Naboo guards ran off, lead by Padme, and she raced to catch up.

Once she was in line with Padme she could easily defend her, although it seemed that Padme could hold her own.

The droids started coming around the corner in larger groups, forcing them to take cover and stop their progress.

"If this goes on any longer, we'll be forced to surrender." Padme said, almost asking for any ideas.

"Here, follow me." Oriel came up with a plan but she doubted herself as she was not very good at making pans.

She broke one of the glass windows and waited for half the group to step out onto the very high ledge. Lucky Oriel wasn't scared of heights, in fact she quite liked them as she felt like she was on top of the world and the view was quite nice.

"Everyone, grab your grapple hooks and aim for the highest window ledge." Oriel announced her plan to everyone.

Everyone did so and they made it to the top story where the throne room was, quicker than the original plan.

"Good thinking Oriel. We wouldn't have made it without you." The young Queen thanked Oriel.

"Anything to help a friend." Oriel smiled back. "But seriously, you owe me one."

Both girls laughed as she broke yet another window with her lightsaber and everyone hopped into the much clearer hallway.

They made there way to the throne room at the end of the hall but once they got to the door, they were surrounded by destroyer droids with shield generators.

"I'm sorry milady, but a single Jedi is no match for destroyer droids." Oriel apologised, ashamed that she was not strong enough to help.

"It's alright Oriel, it's not your fault." Padme assured her new friend. "Drop your weapons, they win this round." Padme instructed her loyal guards.