CHAPTER 19

ACE
I couldn't tell how long I had been in bed. Since I came back to Italy, I haven't set foot outside the house. Angel has been handling everything even the opening of our offices in L.A.

I was emotionally drained and in pain. I feel like I have lost the most precious things in my life. I lost Ava first then lost Matteo.

Sometimes I don't even know what is wrong with me. They felt like they were my home. Even though my Ava was with us for a little while, I felt like she was the missing puzzle.

"How fucking long are we gonna bed feed you for Christ's sake?" My mom came in my room yelling at me in Italian.

"Why are you yelling." It was early in the morning for her to just yell. Even the birds weren't singing yet.

"I didn't know I can't speak in my own house." She said while getting under my covers to join me.

"I'm worried about you son. Talk to me, what's wrong." If there's one thing I'm thankful for, is how I have an understanding mom whom I can talk to.

"I feel like I lost both Mattie and Ava mom. I lost the people who felt like home for me and I don't know how or why it happened."

My mom just hugged me and we stayed like that for a while without talking. I then lied on her lap and small drops of tears started pooling around my eyes.

"You all still have a chance to fix everything between the three of you. Fix things with Mattie first, that would be my advice. Don't rush into winning Ava back without getting your husband first."

"Husband?" I asked.

"Ooh shut up. A mother is allowed to have her own dreams too." My mother absolutely loves and adores Mattie and always wanted us to get married.

Another week came to an end without me still having the courage to get out, well that was until Angel fucked up something in L.A and I had to fly there to fix it.

I met with Andrew, my dad's best friend and a long term family friend of my family ever since I can remember.

"Welcome son. Hope your flight was good." He asked me once I arrived at his house. He always prefers I stay at his house than at the hotel.

"It was. Now catch me up on what the fuck my brother did this time." I said after he ushered me into the living room of his house.

"Angel didn't review the contract with the construction company and well there was some issues regarding insurance and permits. Ava saw the mistake once she received the papers. Told you she's one of the best I have at the firm." He said sounding like a proud dad which made me smile.

He proceeded to explain everything and the solutions which all happened to have been all my girl's idea. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Ava was supposed to be with us tonight but she has her brother's trial she needs to take care of tomorrow. But I booked reservations on Saturday where we'll have dinner while we all get to know each other."

Andrew didn't know that I knew Ava whatsoever. When I wanted Ava hired, I said I wanted the very best he had. And I knew Ava was so it was a win-win situation for me.

"That's okay. And did you tell Ava who her client is?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well not yet. Although she knows your name since she read the contract." He said.

We chatted for a little bit more before Andrew went to bed. It's strange how since his wife passed away, he has never re-married.

It was a tragic thing what happened to her and since then, Andrew began studying law, to get justice for his wife. I'm sure she would be so proud of what Andrew has achieved.

The next day I secretly want to Ali's trial. And dear God was Ava fucking hot and sexy while arguing. Not gonna lie it made me all hot and bothered.

"You'll get used to it. Wait until you see her lick her lips and smirk when the judge overrules some shit when she objects."

I turned to my left and Mattie was next to me but was looking at Ava. My inner child was all happy and skipping around but I didn't let it show.

"Objection speculating." Her smooth yet firm voice was heard and I couldn't take my eyes off her.

And just like Mattie said, she licked her lips then gave the other lawyer one sexy smirk and if I wasn't already hard then when I saw her I sure as hell was now.

I kept shaking my leg because I was all horny. And it didn't help that I sat next to Mattie and Ava's outfit was just bomb.

To sum it all up, it felt like I was in hell. The trial ended and I didn't want Ava seeing me so I slipped out.

"Why are you back in the states." But to the looks of it, I can't escape Mattie. I didn't answer him to which he continued.

"Or did you think you can secretly open a company and I wouldn't find out." He said.

"Mattie I'm sorry about what happened in Spain." I saw him breath shakily after I called him using his nickname.

"You want Ava don't you." He said after a long awkward silence between us.

"Yes I do. But I want you too." I whispered the last part in hopes he won't hear it.

"What about your Spanish boyfriend." He asked while pocketing his arms in his suit trouser.

My mind drifted to so many places and before I could think twice, I walked towards him and pulled him in for a kiss.

He didn't pull back and neither did he kiss me back. But after not giving him the satisfaction he wants, he gave in and kissed me back.

I felt like I was in heaven. Kissing him after being away from him for so long. Even though I saw him in Spain.

"Ace, you have a boyfriend." He pulled away but leaned his forehead on mine.

"The only boyfriend I have is you Mattie. But I'm respecting your wishes of letting you fix yourself first."

I said and pulled away when my phone vibrated. I checked the call and it was from Elijah. I ignored it, just like I have been ignoring all his calls since I left Spain.

"It has always been you Mattie, even after a 7 year break, it has always been you." I let go of his hand and walked away feeling happy because I let him know about where my heart is.