Chapter - 42

Third Person’s POV

Anika and Ishaan both were lying on the bed cuddling each other, then building some courage Anika asked Ishaan the question, that she wanted to ask for some days.

ANIKA : Ishaan…

ISHAAN : hmm?

ANIKA : your father isn’t dead… right?
Hearing this the smile on Ishaan's face vanished and he looked at Anika with a serious face.

ISHAAN : why are you suddenly asking such a question?

ANIKA : Just normally…

Ishaan looked at Anika sceptically.

ISHAAN : Anika, I know you are not asking this without any reason. There must be some reason. What happened? Why are you asking this? Did someone has said something to you?

“what does he mean? Does that mean he knows everything and lied to me? Is that man really Ishaan's father?” – Anika was thinking in her mind when her thought was broken by Ishaan's voice and her confusion also got clear by his next sentence.

ISHAAN : I know Anika many people say that my mom is not a widow, she is a divorcee or some people even say that my mom isn’t married and I am her illegitimate son. I don’t know what is right or wrong. I know maybe someone has said something to you, maybe you are thinking I lied to you. Trust me Anika, I don’t know…

Anika sat up from lying and looked at Ishaan’s face and held his hand.

ANIKA : Ishaan… I trust you. No one has said anything to me….. I have seen…

“No no no Anika what are you doing? Hearing Ishaan words don’t you understand? he doesn’t know anything about his father. Don’t hurt him. Don’t say the truth.” - Anika's subconscious warned her.

ISHAAN : you have seen? Seen what?

ANIKA : I have never seen your father's picture. I have been living in this house for almost six months now but I have not seen a single picture of your father. If he is dead then shouldn’t there be a picture of him in the house?

ISHAAN : I haven’t seen him not even his picture. I think I am the only son in this world who doesn’t even know his father's name.

ANIKA : have you never gotten curious? Have you ever asked your mother about him? What was her answer?

Ishaan looked at Anika with squinted eyes.

ISHAAN : What happened, Anika? Why are you so asking all this today?

ANIKA : No no…Nothing. I am just curious.

Ishaan expression clearly stated that he didn’t believe her words. But he didn’t ask more. He answered her questions calmly.

ISHAAN : In my school days I used to get bullied because I have no father. They used to say bad words about me. Mom had said to me that Dad is dead, so I used to tell them that but they didn’t believe me. So one day I asked mom about my father's name and photo. She told me that my father was a secret agent and he died on his mission, so she couldn’t disclose his name and photo. As a child, I believe that (chuckled), but I know that’s a lie…a big lie. Maybe my father isn’t dead… maybe my parents are divorced and he doesn’t want me… or maybe they are right my mom is an unmarried woman and I am her illegitimate son. Anything could be possible but you know what all of these don’t matter to me. For me only my mom matter….you know why I don’t want to know about my father?