13 • i think i like

Start from the beginning

"and this is our friend, eren." you panned the canera over to eren who awkwardly waved.

"hello friends!" your dad greeted. the twins stayed quiet as you could tell they were scrutinizing eren. "i guess we'll let you go then. i should probably go check in on the shop anyways. can never leave gramps in charge for too long."

"i'll call you guys later. bye! love you!" you hung up the call and looked to eren, realizing sasha had left. she was in the same boat as you and catching up on assignments that just wouldn't seem to stop piling up.

"to what do i owe the honor?" you smiled at eren.

a small smirk played on his face. "bored at home and decided to come bug you."

"aw cmon! spill."

"fine. let's go somewhere. you can bring your homework."

you nodded, slipping on some shoes and grabbing your backpack. you said your goodbyes to sasha as she shouted back to be safe. mikasa was out with jean and annie was with reiner and bertholdt. eren led you out of the dorm and over to his car. he opened the passenger door for you and you slid in, putting your seatbelt on as he went over to the driver's side.

you've honestly grown used to eren coming over and randomly taking you to either go eat, the store, or even his place to watch movies or do homework. you no longer asked where he was taking you and just let yourself enjoy the ride and his company. he always played either relaxing music or something upbeat that you'd occasionally bob your head to. sometimes you'd immerse yourself in conversation and other times, like today, you'd sit in silence, enjoying the scenery and tunes.

eren parked his car in front of a small bakery named "scarlet's sweets" after about 20 minutes of driving. he got out and retrieved his backpack from the back seat as you gathered yours and did the same. you met at the hood of the car.

"this is the cafe kevin was telling me about." you mused as you guys walked towards the entrance.

"kevin?" eren questioned, opening the door and holding it for you. a couple workers greeted the two of you upon your entrance and you threw them a small smile and a nod. the interior of the cafe was very pink and white. but it was cute nonetheless. the register area had a nicely illustrated menu with a glass case to display the pastries that they served.

"yeah, he was sitting with me at the bonfire for a bit last week. he stopped me on campus the other and we exchanged numbers."

eren just hummed as he headed to the register. his eyes scanned the menu as yours scanned him. his hair was loose today, a small silver chain on his neck. he wore a baggy black hoodie and some basketball shorts, hands in his pocket.

the voice of the worker broke you from your trance as you turned towards her. her bright red hair was tied back into a high ponytail as she gave you guys a smile. "what can i get for you two?"

"what do you recommend?" you asked.

at this question, her eyes gleamed and she spoke with excitement. "the strawberry cake is to die for! personally, my favorite. we also have delicious strawberry milk."

"we'll get two slices of the cake and an iced latte." eren ordered. "what do you want to drink?"

"i'd like to try the strawberry milk." you told the employee. she nodded, punching in your order. she told the total and before you could even reach in your pocket, eren had already tapped his card. she handed you guys a table marker and eren led you to a booth situated by the window. he sighed as he sat back and set his backpack on the table.

one thing you noticed when you hung out with eren, he never let you pay. it was nice at first but after a while, you felt bad. you worked and so did he but he never allowed you to pay. you even tried to apple pay him your half but he would send it right back and block you for an hour every time.

"next time, i'm paying." you announce.

eren snorts in amusement. "like i'd let you."

"why don't you ever let me pay?"

"i invite you out, so naturally i should pay."

"these aren't dates, eren. we are hanging out. i should pay you for my half." you stated.

eren just grabbed his laptop out of his bag as the waitress brought your order. you both muttered a 'thank you' before you dug out your supplies as well.

"have you thought about what you're doing for the holidays?" eren asked as he typed something.

you finished chewing the small bite of the cake you took before answering. "my dad asked me if i was going to go back home but i'm not sure if i want to."

eren's eyes peered at you over his laptop. "how come?"

"well, it's only the end of september so i do have time to change my mind but there's the travel fare to and from. my town also is famous for having a holiday festival and everyone in town attends..."

"and you're afraid of running into your ex?"

you nodded, ashamed. you know you shouldn't let kris impact you but there was still so much left unsaid from the break up. yes, you were over him and whatever feelings you had towards him but there was always the fear of what would happen if the two of you crossed paths again. would your feelings resurface? would your heart break again?

before eren could say anything, another person approached your table.

"y/n! i thought that was you!" kevin grinned at you as he slid in the booth next to you.

"kevin! fancy meeting you here." you laughed. "i'm sure you remember eren from the beach."

"jaeger, how's it going man?" eren just nodded at the elder in greeting before going back to the paper he was working on.

kevin turned his attention back to you. "how do you like this place so far?"

"it's nice! the cake is so good and the milk is delicious as well." at that, you took another sip of the strawberry milk.

"i'm glad! listen, i'm having a party friday and i was hoping you'd maybe come? jaeger, you're invited too."

eren gave a thumbs up as he took a drink of his latte. you chuckled at the gesture. "well, if eren is going, i'm in."

kevin gave a tight grin. "great! i should probably head back to my friends."

"oh ok! i was gonna ask if you'd slide out so i could excuse myself for the restroom so perfect timing." you laughed.

at that kevin got up and waited until you exited the booth as well. "see you around."

"see you!" you waved as you headed towards the restroom, leaving the two boys.

"what are you still doing here?" eren asked, feeling kevin's glare on him.

"what's going on between the two of you? you her dog or something?"

eren's eyes stayed glued to his laptop, not giving kevin the attention he wanted. "why do you care?"

"jaeger, you know me and you know what i'm about. you're kind of being a cock block if i'm being honest." kevin muttered as he leaned over to get closer to eren's face.

the other boy just shrugged in response. "don't care."

kevin stood up straight and let out an annoyed huff. "fine. you want the truth? i'm not just looking to get in her pants like i usually do."

eren's eyes finally snapped over to the elder. kevin snickered to himself as he realized he finally caught his attention. he then put on a more sincere face.

"the thing is..." he paused, running his hand through his hair and sighing , "i think i like y/n."

_____________

DONT HATE ME I KNOW MY UPDATES ARE SLOW.

but i finally released a new book which i hope you will check out if you want ofc!!!

also i reread this story and from a reader's perspective i found it so cringey that im surprised people like it 😭😭

BUT I WILL CONTINUE IT AS I AM COMMITTED SO THANK U FOR READING AND THE FEEDBACK!