Chapter 24

Jason slept. But it wasn't soundly. His dreams were stranger than usual.

He wasn't sure where he was. But he didn't like it. It was dark, and chilly. At first Jason couldn't move. His feet would walk forward but his body stayed in its spot.

He looked around to see if anyone else was around.

"Why...." He heard a soft sob. Barely noticeable if you did my listen close enough. He squinted his eyes. Trying to see through the darkness.

"Why..." He heard someone sob again. Jason felt his throat tighten a bit. The emotion behind the cry was so heart breaking. Jason didn't like it.

"Hello?" Jason called out. But his voice was silent. Barely a whisper.

"Why am I always alone?" He heard the voice, female, cry softly. And soon. He was Shown an image of a young girl, her hair black and shiny, cascading down her shoulders and covering her face so Jason couldn't see who it was. She wore a torn white gown, the gown painted with what looked like blood and dirt, or maybe coal. It was hard to tell.

But she looked so miserable. So broken. So alone.

So, Familiar.

"What am I to do?" She questioned herself. Glancing up at the darkness. Her eyes red and puffy with stained cheeks.

It's was Reyna.

Jason could feel mixed emotions hit him like a wave. She looked so young.

This was weird. He wanted to escape this dream and wake up. Why was he dreaming this.

Young Reyna glanced over at him. Her eyes going from sad and scared to angry and disgusted.

"How could you." She hissed. Jason began to tremble. As he looked down to avoid her stare he found himself completely transformed himself.

He looked how he had when he was around 13.

"Reyna..." He whispered. Glancing back up at her. She stood up. And as she did so a giant shadow followed behind as if she was possessed. "You liar." She mumbled.

"Wh-" Jason started to say but Reyna pushed him and hit his chest. But it didn't hurt.

Jason didn't know what to do so he just took hold of her arms and stopped her from pushing him more. "Reyna... I-it's okay. They can't hurt you anymore. Your safe." He assured her.

That's what he had promised her when she first arrived.

"You're a liar." Reyna cried again. Her hands trembling as they grabbed his shirt sleeves. "Reyna." Jason said again. But she shook her head and locked eyes with him.

"They can't hurt me no more, but you're a pretty good replacement." She growled. And Jason could feel the colour drain from his face. "I-I'll never..." He started to argue. But soon, the world he knew came crashing down and all he heard from Reyna's screams and cries. Every emotion she's hidden came out and alive in that moment.

And Jason could feel every one along with her. The pain. The anxiety. The loneliness. The lack of hope. And the anger. The anger was the strongest of them all. But what was causing all these emotions?

Soon, Jason's questions were answered. An image of himself appeared in front of him. And Jason was disgusted. How could have he caused Ryan all these emotions.

"Why do the people we love most cause us the most damage?" Reyna asked. She looked even younger, and she walked In a nice hall with an older girl behind her. They both dressed alike, but in slightly different ways. "Because, Rey, that's what love does to us. And you have to be strong enough to put up with it." She told her. Reyna nodded understandingly and kept walking down the hall.