Going Home

Risa was not, by all means, a dancer. Leni knew that.

She knew that and she'd made fun of that fact for the longest time. Each and every time she'd joke about it, she'd be met with an eyeroll or a slight smack in the arm,  sometimes a similar snarky remark about something she wasn't good at — which in Risa's words is "unfair because there's nothing you're not good at".

And though she'd make fun of that fact every chance she gets, Leni  had always loved dancing with Risa.

She loved swaying Risa in her arms, spinning and twirling her around, often whispering a few things in her ear. Leni loved it when Risa spun her around more times than she was supposed to. She loved having her so close that her scent seemed to be too intoxicating. Too tempting.

Risa was not, by all means, a dancer. Leni knew that.

And yet, her favorite moments with Risa were those of them dancing with each other.

Slender arms wrapped around Leni's waist that morning as she transferred the cooked eggs from the pan to their plates. "Dance with me," Risa whispered in her ear.

Laughter and the song playing on Risa's phone filled the air. They bumped into the counter as they swayed and they laughed harder, the taller woman leaning forward to press a kiss on Leni's nose.

"I love you." Leni said lovingly.

"I love you too and I'm hungry so let's eat na. My bacon is waiting."

---------------

It was Sunday and Risa almost forgot that Leni was going to spend time with her kids today.

"What time kayo magkikita?" She asked as they ate breakfast.

"Lunch, like always. Do you have plans today?"

"Wala naman, catch up on paperwork  lang siguro."

"Edi have lunch with us. The girls know you're in Boston."

Risa's eyebrow raised questioningly. "Since when did they know I'm in Boston?"

"Thursday, if I remember correctly. Nakalimutan kong sabihin sa'yo, sorry. Galit ka ba?"

"No, of course not," Risa chuckled. "Ano sinabi mo?"

"Tumatawag kasi si Tricia sa'kin while we were still outside. Hindi ko napansin so pagkauwi, nag-text ako and asked bakit siya tumawag. Ayun, she asked me where I was and I told her na pumunta ka dito to visit and take care of something."

"By take care of something you mean take care of you?" Risa laughed.

"Hindi ah!" Leni exclaimed, blushing.

"Okay, okay. Thank you for telling me and hindi ako galit, don't worry. Pero are you sure that it's okay for me to come with you? More than that, okay lang ba sa kanilang kasama ako eh bonding niyo 'yun?"

"Sa akin syempre okay. Pero tawagan ko muna sila, okay lang?"

"Okay, I'll shower lang. Pahiram damit ha."

"As if kasya sa'yo damit ko."

"Hahanap na lang ako ng kasya."

Risa stood up and kissed the top of Leni's head before heading to the older woman's room. A little while later, she was back in the dining room in a pair of Leni's pambahay shorts and a plain white shirt. "How did it go?" She asked, sitting across from her girlfriend.