Katara looked at her brother and friend unamused when they started to frantically drink her bending water from the fire flakes.

"So the avatar?" Xai mumbled as Zuko kept eating like a starving man.

"I was injured and they helped me against my will," Zuko kept his eyes down.

"I know your disappointed in me, I know Lee would be too, should I be expecting Azula to come get me soon?" He sighed softly not able to look his commander in the eyes.

"I am surprised, it hurts my heart a little but I do understand, they've kept you safe from your sisters claws," Xai patted the top of his head sympathetically.

Zuko looked at him sadly, it hurt his commander to be along side with the avatar that's taken their soldiers, their brothers. Xai smiled a little again when he had to remind himself that Zuko was a child, he's a boy forced to fight a war again and again, he's a boy he helped raised and he wanted to keep safe.

"I reached out to your uncle, he wants to send to somewhere to keep you safe," he tsked looking down at the child.

"What?!" Zuko jumped away shocked making the others look at him confused.

"You can't do that!" He cried out.

"Would you rather have me send you to azula? To Ozai? They will kill you son!" Xai defended but Zuko shook his head.

"You uncle already agreed, your going and that's final," he urged.

"Sir please I am not-" "that's an order,"

"When you joined I made sure you'd survive, your under my care son, I'm keeping you alive," Xai warned with a glare.

"I'm not your soldier anymore," Zuko snapped back.

"If lee was here he'd say the same thing," Xai shook his head, covering his face.

"Lee isn't here anymore. He's dead remember?" Zuko snarled setting his bowl on the table aggressively.

"Go ahead, turn me in, I'll be gone by the time Azula gets here," he walked out of the tents back as Xai had a glare as well.

"Oi, that boys never going to learn," the commander groaned and looked at the children.

"Who's the leader?" Xai asked flatly.

"We don't have one?" Aang raised a brow.

"Who can I trust with this?" He grabbed a letter from the table on the side.

"I can hold onto it," Katara pursed her lips as she walked over to take it.

"What is it if I can ask?" She looked at the sealed letter. It was lotus on the front with gold.

"Zuko has an uncle that has connections, hearing about his wanted poster and knowing this damn nation, he won't survive long without help," he handed it to her.

"His uncle said to go to ba sing se, for now it's the safest place away from the fire nation, there's help on the inside he can stay with and be out of your hair," Xai sounded almost sad.

"I know you all have your differences, the war lost any harmony our nations might've had before, im counting on the avatar to end this war in my life time, Im looking forward to know I might be able to retire after the war," he smiled over at Aang tiredly.

"Y'all better go before my troops get nosy, I never saw you kids," Xai sighed scratching his neck.

"Thank You commander," Katara bowed softly and went after Zuko to make sure he was okay.

Xai looked back at the three left behind as Aang and Sokka were still struggling from the spicy food.

"Are you really blind?" He looked at Toph.

"Zuko?" Katara called softly walking from the back of the tent. He was outside leaning against a tree with his arms crossed.

"Are You really that mad?" She frowned a little with her hands on her hips.

"I'm not fucking going," he kept his eyes down.

Katara nodded a little and went to the tree, leaning on the side next to Zuko, crossing her arms as well, Zuko raised a brow a little confused by her.

"I'm not telling you to go, I'm not your keeper," Katara shrugged.

"You said your family disowned you, and if you uncle is trying to reach out because of your bounty, I just wanted to see if you were okay," she sighed looking at the side.

Zuko didn't respond.

"Ironic he wants You to go to ba sing se," she grinned.

"Not so ironic, he would know it's impossible for fire nation to get in those walls," Zuko scoffed shaking his head.

"Are you worried someone's going to know your fire nation there?" Katara asked.

"Of course, i don't exactly fit in with the crowd and if I'm with the avatar there's going to be attention," he slid down to sit on the ground instead.

"Technically you are a refugee," Katara looked down at him.

He nodded with his palms pressed over his eyes.

"Maybe when we get there we should split ways," Zuko mumbled rubbing his neck.

"Really?" She knelt in front of him surprised.

"For everyone's sake, that's the most logical," he sighed nodding.

"You don't have to pretend to care Katara," Zuko looked at her finally.

"I don't care, your right, we're on different sides of the war in a way, but there's an alliance I feel we have now," she smiled a little at him with sympathy.

"But if you get bored, or lonely in ba sing se, come say hi to us in the upper class," Katara offered her hand to him to help Zuko to his feet.

"Only if you agree to not be afraid to visit the lower class if you guys get bored too, mostly Toph, send her anyways she's got humor," Zuko took her hand and stood.

"I might have too if I want to not lose my mind," she laughed softly pulling him up.

"Then are you going to find your uncles safe place?" Katara asked.

"I shouldn't, I don't want anything to do with my family," Zuko crossed his arms again.

"Was he not good when you got disowned?" She was confused.

"...no.. my uncle was-was..." Zuko pursed his lips and closed his eyes.

"The only person from my family to make sure I was alright," he sighed finally.

"Then what's the problem?" She didn't understand.

"It's complicated," Zuko mumbled and Katara frowned a little but nodded.

"I think tophs going to miss you," Katara shrugged.

"I doubt it, you'll find another fire nation soldier to harass," he looked down at her.

"Yea but your easy to get angry, it's fun," she smiled walking away.

"I don't get that angry?" Zuko scoffed rolling his eyes.