Chapter 25: Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Just drive, got it!" Jennie said, cutting me off. Just by the look on her face, I could tell she was in no mood to talk. She just clammed up and starred out the window. I was worried about Lisa myself but there was nothing I could do about it. The rest of the car ride was filled with a tense silence.

About 25 minutes later, we pulled up into the driveway of a large mansion. The metal gates at the bottom of the driveway had been knocked open, presumably by a car. Several other cars had just come up ahead of us. As I got out, I spotted Jennie's dad amongst them.

As we walked up to the house, Lisa emerged from the front door. She stepped over a corpse in front of it and staggered forward. She was holding a bottle and looked like she was covered in blood from head to toe. She reminded me a bit of Carrie from the 1970's movie. There was a look in her eyes that I from dating her for so long indicated to me that she had won.

I was standing back so I didn't hear what was all said but she said something about Peach schnapps, which she hates. She then said something about Hyekyo being dust.

Jennie just huffed and walked up to Lisa. She just stood there for a moment, her arms crossed and a very angry expression on her face.

Lisa made a sheepish looking smile, showing a missing tooth no less.

A second later, Jennie slapped Lisa across the face. I was stunned to say the least.

I heard Lisa in pain and then she simply seemed to pass out while Jennie just turned and walked away as several other rushed to Lisa's aid.

"She passed out." I heard someone say.

I couldn't believe that Jennie was just walking away from her girlfriend. She was lying in a bloody heap on the ground and Jennie just walked away. I stood there my mouth hanging open in shock.

Jennie just walked up, looking no less angry. I pointed to Lisa. "Shouldn't we..."

"Just drive me home!" She barked.

I stood and hesitated for a moment only to see her glaring at me. I quickly decided to just take her home and hopefully she'd cool off.