𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝐗𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐒𝐘𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒-𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄,𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄,𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀

Heavy rain surrounded the area of Charlotte, North Carolina as if to signify the pain in Xulani's heart as she walked in and out of the home of her ex, Rico, who had tarnished their relationship of three and a half years after getting not one, but two girls pregnant and cheating on her for a year straight through the use of another iPhone she never discovered that he had because he kept it in the home of another homie's crib.

The thunder in the sky seemed to match the beating of her heart as she stormed passed Rico ignoring him as he filled the silence with empty words. The ambiance in the room was depressing to look at when it had settled in her head that it was all a lie. She walked past the life size portrait of her hanging over his bed and scoffed to herself in disbelief that this moment was really her life. She glanced at his PlayStation 4 Home Screen background he seemed to have on display to mock her, and muttered bitter words as she turned the other way.

She felt lower than low, she felt like her heart wasn't even in her chest but was somewhere else because in her chest it didn't feel at home. She felt the anger in her veins and the heat of her body rise like the sun in peak summer. She imagined the mug shot she'd have if she was to bring him outside just for the mere purpose of running him over. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind and moved quickly so that she could leave.

She couldn't believe that this was really her situation, her life, her issue and she didn't imagine that the end of her summer leading into college would be the nightmare of her life. She should have known better as a freshman dating a D1 athlete at a whole nother school, but her benefit of the doubt never failed to amaze her as they tried to hold their relationship together amongst the distance.

The more she thought about it, the more angrier she had gotten catching a glimpse of their photo together sitting lonely on his window will and snatched it causing Rico to get up from where he sat at his desk.