Hirofumi Yoshida X reader

Authors notes: hello guys long time no see, I started College in person a couple of week Ago, I hope y'all enjoy

Creative writing had always been something that had sparked your interests, and you had always been genuinely good at it. Your expertise centered around three particular genres: horror, science-fiction and... romance.

Despite the fact that you generally thought romance books were often cliché, you had somewhat grown a 'soft-spot' for the literature. You never thought you would be the kind of individual to compose such sentimental writing, however the creative writing club has changed your perspective entirely.

The minute you signed up for your school's creative writing club, which took place every Thursday lunch-time, you expected it would help you concentrate on developing your writing skills considerably further, bettering the chances of becoming an author. Nonetheless, lately, focusing on the lectures your creative writing coach brings to the table had ended up being fairly difficult due to one particular distraction, and that distraction had a name: Hirofumi Yoshida.

The moment that nervous and insecure boy joined the creative writing club, you knew you were doomed to a semester of examining his beautiful features, rather than paying attention. He wasn't that interested in creative writing, he clearly wanted to find some other way to spend his lunch than being relentlessly bullied by our cruel peers for being the awkward and shy virgin he was

Thankfully, you had tried your best to continue to compose enough stories to submit to your teacher weekly, but those compositions had increasingly become more... romantic. Every time you tried to write something, it always ended up featuring two love-struck characters, coincidentally based on you and Yoshida. You honestly hope it wasn't completely obvious to those who read.

But now comes to the real issue... today was one of those rare occasions where you get to read your submission to the entire group. You hadn't known this until recently, and the only submission you had prepared was, you guessed it, a romance. Not only that, but it was one of your incredibly obvious ones, where all the features and personality traits of the character in the story clearly match up to Yoshida's.

You were scheduled after Denji, thank goodness their stories always took the longest, you decided to try your best to tweak the story slightly to make it sound less easily perceived for what it was: a hopeless fantasy over your crush. But even after saying 'tweaking' nothing much had improved, and the intention was still clear.

Soon, Denji had finished reading his composition and you were called to the front of the room to present your story. Taking a deep breath, you comply. Reading each word from the page as calmly as you could, though your face was burning up. You could tell people knew you were blushing.

The worst part was when describing how the character based on Yoshida was very shy and fragile, and often treated negatively by others because of these personality aspects. How the character based off you thought these shy aspects of his were adorable, and just wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him that everything would be alright. The story ends with them confessing their feelings to each other and finally sharing a kiss.

When you at last get the courage to look up from the page and examine the audience before you, specifically Yoshida, you find, surprisingly, that Yoshida was grinning from ear to ear. You hadn't seen him this happy before, considering school was torture for him.

~

When creative writing class had finished, you figured that would be the end of it. However, it was when Yoshida approached you, you understood that you were correct about your story being too obvious. Yoshida never approached anyone.

"H-hey... [y/n]. I just wanted to tell you that your story was magnificent!" he mumbles.

"Thanks," you reply dully, bracing yourself for rejection. Although Yoshida was shy, he was still a little out of your league - in your opinion, anyway.

"I was wondering if your stories have... a muse?" he says, quietly. He seemed to be avoiding eye contact with you.

"Well... uhm... yeah..." you confess.

"Do you know that muse in real life?" he questions.

"Maybe..." you mutter.

"Does that muse go to our school?" he interrogates further. You knew that he knew, that's why he was asking all these questions. Why didn't he just reject you already? You could tell that he was already fairly disgusted, due to the fact that he couldn't make eye contact with you.

"Yeah..." you confess.

"W-well, since the same 'muse' consistently inspires a lot of your romantic stories, you should just go for it and ask them out... if... if you like them of course," Yoshida suggests.

"I don't think he would like me back," you sigh.

"I'm sure he will, why wouldn't he? You're smart, kind, good-looking. If he doesn't like you back, there must be something wrong with him," he tells you.

Those compliments boosted your confidence. It gave you that glimmer of hope that Yoshida might just like you back. So you plucked up the courage and did exactly what Yoshida told you.

"Okay then... are you available for a date tomorrow afternoon? Maybe we could see a movie," you suggest. To your relief, Yoshida smiled that same gorgeous smile as he had earlier.

"I would love to," Yoshida replies, surprising you even further with a quick peck to the lips. He pulled away instantly with a delighted, yet unsure expression across his features.

"What's wrong?" you ask.

"N-nothing - that was just my... first kiss," he confesses, he looks ashamed for some reason.

"Oh, well, I'm quite honored."

The two of you exchange phone numbers and share one last kiss goodbye for the day before heading to your other classes, none of which you share unfortunately. However, the incident had left you with a very content feeling for the rest of the day, and you certainly couldn't wait for what tomorrow had to bring.