Chapter 16 - The Burial

Early in the morning and they could feel the essence of the perfect sunrise of the sun, shining its warm golden light over the mountains. The entire meadow was glowing under its morning warmth and the dew was still on all the blades of grass nearby.
The friends gathered on the forest near the house where Joshua, Nick and Blake was digging down about 6 feet to bury Joshua's godfather. They wore black shirts and jeans and they were all sad.
They put Aaron's dead body in the grave and as Nick and Blake was throwing the soil to the hole, others was throwing flowers too. Since the house has a garden of flowers on the backyard, they picked some of them and used it on the burial.
They embraced since they had their individual partners.
"We are so sad about this, Josh", Lindsay said.
Joshua was gazing at the grave and Katherine hugged him as she whispered "I'm so sorry".
After a long time, they went back into the house. As they walked, Katherine talked to Sarah.
"Hey!"- Katherine.
"Oh, hi."- Sarah.
"I just wanna say, I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"Uhm, it's my fault that we'd hit Aaron. I grabbed the thing when you was driving."
"Listen, it was an accident. No one would be blame."
Katherine suddenly stopped but her friends were still walking. She smiled while she was looking at them.