Chapter 57 || Never Tried That

Ayoooo First You're welcome because a very big part of this chapter is...well, sex. Second, sorry :)

Natasha POV

Carol, Steve, Bruce, Rocket, Rhodey, Jayce and I all sit around drinking beers. Thor is in the corner nursing Asguardian liquor, staring at the ground the entire time.

I swirl the beer in my bottle and tap my fingers against the glass while Steve sighs, "There has to be another way."

"There is no other way. That was our last way," Jayce mutters and I glance over at her with furrowed eyebrows, trying to gauge where she is. I notice the 3 beers beside her, all empty. She has a blank look to her, but finally meets my eyes, then looks away.

I shift in my seat but nearly jump when I feel a hand on my thigh. Looking down, I spot Jayce's hand, her thumb moving in circular motions. It sends a chill up my spine, making a small smile tease at the corners of my mouth.

"What do we do now?" Rhodey says and Carol stands, "I have to go."

"Go? Go where?" Bruce frowns but she just stares, then meets my eyes, a silent conversation passing through us.

She wants to see who she mentioned earlier.

"We'll stay in touch through the radio. Channel will be open," I nod and she offers a small smile then hands me her phone so I can type in my number. Once she's gone, Jayce stands up and slaps her arms to her sides.

"Well, this has been a colossal waste of my time. Natasha?" She holds her hand to me that I hesitantly take before she pulls me down the hallway, not looking back once, not even letting me say goodnight to everyone.

"What are you doing?"

No response. She pushes my bedroom door open and locks it behind us, then turns to me, a daring look in her eyes.

"Jay–" She cuts me off with an intense kiss. It catches me off guard, something that doesn't happen to me often.

I take a step back and place my hand on her chest, trying not to get upset at the irritated groan she releases.

"Don't you want to talk–" "I'm tired of talking."

"That's strange since we haven't done much of it to begin with."

We stand in a staredown until Jayce brushes my hair behind my ear, taking in everything, making me suddenly feel naked and vulnerable, unsure of what is happening or whatever is about to come out of her mouth.

"We just lost. Again. I'm tired of Thanos being the topic of conversation. So for tonight can we just...be us? Can we just enjoy this right here right now? If there's anything I've learned, it's that you never know when someone's day will be their last. So let's just live tonight like it's our last."

It strikes a chord in me. An uneasy one, but also warming. Most of me is in awe of her showing me this kind of desire and admiration. She's looking at me like I'm the most important thing in the world, like how she did before Wakanda.

Finally that buzz comes back, that tingling that she always makes me feel when she smiles, looks at me, or touches me.

But there's a small nook in the back of my brain noting down how she spoke her words. She chose them. She was very articulate and careful with how she said what she did. And I'm trying my best not to dig into that note. I'm trying not to overthink it.

This is Jayce. The woman that made me fall in love with her, the girl who has opened up her heart to me and let me hold her. We haven't felt like "us" in weeks.

And tonight might be our only chance.

I graze over her with my eyes carefully, a previous view of her before everything ghosting itself over her now. The smiles are lining up again, the slight glimmer to the eyes, the lively expression.