Chapter 45 || Prison Break

Attendance Time!!

Natasha POV

"So tell me why we have been walking forever? My feet hurt."

"Stop your whining. Mason said there'd be a boat," I shake my head as we walk through the woods, my head on a swivel, expecting to see someone trying to jump us.

When we come to a clearing, I see a man standing in front of a dinghy boat. Our boat.

Extending my arm in front of Yelena, I stop her in her tracks and nod ahead silently. She stares at the man and scoffs, "Great."

Quickly, we both pull out our guns and head towards him until he moves, making me sprint and run at him, Yelena going for his legs while I jump up, grabbing him by his shoulders and swinging down.

I grunt when he fights back and grabs me, making my wounds scream as I feel my back pressing to the dirt.

Our eyes meet and I stare in shock at the blue eyes glaring down at me.

Longer, shaggier dirty blonde hair, a thick, growing beard.

He mirrors my shocked expression as he pants, "Romanoff?"

"Steve?"

Yelena shoves his foot off her chest and stands up, "Who the hell is this Steve?"

He looks over his shoulder at her, then back down at me, helping me up and smiling in relief while I chuckle, "What are you doing here?"

"Came from Wakanda to break a few friends out of jail. You?"

"Guess we had the same idea."

"Hello? I'm still here you know," Yelena whines and waves her arms in annoyance.

Steve looks at her and tilts his head with curiosity towards me, making me sigh, "Right. Steve, this is Yelena...my sister. Yelena this is Steve Rogers."

My sister's eyes widen in surprise before she snorts while Steve stretches his hand out, "Pleasure."

"You're Captain America?"

He flushes and nods gently, "Not exactly how I introduce myself but yes."

I breathe out as she bombards him with questions, "So have you ever heard of the Red Guardian?"

My feet carry me to the dinghy and I check the engine for gas, feeling a wave of relief wash over me when I see the extra gas can as Steve hums in thought, "I don't believe so. Friend of yours?"

"Hardly," Yelena grumbles and Steve turns to me, "I'm surprised you're here without your other half. How's Parker been holding up?"

I stiffen at that and clear my throat while keeping busy pushing the small boat to the water.

"That's actually why I'm here."

"She in some kind of trouble?"

"Ha! Q-tip is in all the troubles," Yelena shakes her head while Steve comes to help me, but places his hand over mine.